Your Email Address:

First Name:

I think 99% of people have acid reflux

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

I think 99% of people have acid reflux

Post by Jimi Stein »

Of course if you dont have teeth, tonsil problem

What do you think?

I definately have acid burn for years now.
is that the culptint where we should focus on?

This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I think acid reflux (or acid vapour) might be the cause of my PND.

Do you get PND Jimi?

Also, whenever I eat I'm always coughing after for a good 15 minutes, as though I've choked and there's loads of phlegm from my larynx.

I've got asthma too and my voice is always disappearing when I talk and I have to keep repeating myself.
deebo

Post by deebo »

reflux might probably have a vomitous odor .
HS , what youre saying about the voice thing sounds very familiar . Getting horse throat i often chalk up to anxiety , but maybe its more like a video I think stanky posted where the cords are retrained from mucus or something .

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yeah, seems to do it more when I eat wheat based things like bread or pasta, especially if it's got bran in it. (sorry my knowledge on food and diet is embarrassingly bad). Bran is the stuff they call here in the UK wholemeal breads etc, the skin of the wheat I believe. Irritates the hell out of my throat. I wonder if that means I've got some allergy to wheat?

I've had a gluten celilac test, which was negative. But that doesn't mean a person isn't allergic to wheat or the poisons that get sprayed on them.

In the summer I'm going to try a zero carb and zero wheat/gluten diet to see what it does for my PND. I don't think I'm allergic to dairy, because dairy has no changeable effect on me at all.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenc0

Post by Jenc0 »

My opinion is that reflux isn't native problem, i tried lot of gerd diets, respect rules of lying and eating,..and try with lot of diffirent proton pump inhibitor: Nexium(Esomeprazole); Nolpaza Control (pantoprazol); Emolzul(Esomeprazole) and no any luck....:S

I'm suspecting sinus cavities or maybe ..heavy depression and self confidence

- - - - - -

I just must say, that i'm heavy dissapointed on medicine, with that speed of development cure for BB, will be Cancer cured before.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I'm not so sure it can cause BB. Only time I feel acid reflux is sometimes when I'm drinking alcohol, I can actually taste the acid in my mouth. It never tasted like shit.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Acid refluxing can mess with the pH in the throat and mouth and that in itself could lead to bacterial imbalance that could lead to BB - or at least a horrible taste in the mouth that can make it feel like you have BB.

Batteries sometimes have a sour smell when they leak which reminds me of the slight BB my dad used to get occasionally from acid reflux.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Omg this happened to me today. I woke up this morning with a burning sensation in my throat. Like acid. Last night I had potatoes, rice, chicken and some wine. I ate hurriedly because I was hungry. It was rather late at night as well.
Late night meal+wine+meat+potatoes= undigested food rotting away.

I think that well should all have a light meal at night to help with acid reflux at night or avoid meat at night.
I mean our ancestors didn't have electricity, so they probably had dinner at 5 and went to bed at 8, while we have dinner at 8!! All this could possibly lead to a lot of stress for the body.

My teeth grinds a lot at night, I really think that it relates to the body trying to digest food at night.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightmare
Post by nightmare »

I think BS too. I work with to many people with acid reflux and no bad breath. Gastro dr. said the esophagus colapses and does not let gas out until you belch. If stink gas is in stomach you will belch to release. If stink gas is in colon you will fart to release. If stink gas is in small intestine, blood will absorb via liver, via lungs. Stink.
Jenc0

Post by Jenc0 »

nightmare wrote:I think BS too. I work with to many people with acid reflux and no bad breath. Gastro dr. said the esophagus colapses and does not let gas out until you belch. If stink gas is in stomach you will belch to release. If stink gas is in colon you will fart to release. If stink gas is in small intestine, blood will absorb via liver, via lungs. Stink.
I totally agree with you....GERD is not the source of bad breath itselfs, it just could create good sour atmosphere in the mouth, wich is best place to raise your smelly bacterias...

On the other side, I also know lot of people with GERD-reflux who hasn't any breath at all.
I was at some medicine doctors conference once, where the subject was talk about GERD,...almost every doctor of general medicine told that his pacients have few other symthomps but no one talk about bad breath. Looks like bb is some rare symphtom of relux i supose.
curious13

Post by curious13 »

I think acid reflux can definitely cause BB. I also think that every one of us smells different on the inside. Therefore the ones of us that stink worse on the inside (ie... sulfur, poop) can generate worse smelling acid reflux.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i don't think i have acid reflux cuz it doesn't burn and i don't get heartburn or anything,, but it is def some sort of reflux. i can feel it in the back of my throat a lot lately (like a mucus lump or something) and sometimes when i burp, i taste food come up.

you all should look at the thread(s) on this forum about low stomach acid... or google it...
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic