Page 1 of 1
there is a cure
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:03 pm
by loyd99
im doing this post to cheer everyone up including myself
all of us on here sure have to deal with halitosis we have our up an downs but i am convinced there is a cure for all of us. we just need to get to the route cause.
we didn't have it since the day we was born it started at some point my guess is a stressful point in our lifes. having kept it to myself for far to many years i recently told my parents about it i then found out mum had it for a while and it just disappeared naturally she did say to me she thought it was to do with stress. i will get more info of her when i see her next
i guess the moral of the story is to talk to people about it and dont be afraid about it. i have recently met a girl and i find it so hard sometimes that i cant speak to her face and we dont seem to kiss at the moment because i can tell my halitosis has got worse with my poor diet an lifestyle.
i am determined to find the cure and in a few months time i will have all the time i need to untill i do. stay positive people
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:49 am
by 222chick
I also believe that there is a cure for all of us. I will never give up that hope. I wish you luck with your girl.

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:46 pm
by FedUp
Halitosis aside you're a lucky man to have a partner whilst you deal with this. I'm assuming alot of us are just lonely in this.
I feel very uncomfortable now around people, now add anxieties of chatting to females, no way smelling like shit, no chance in hell.
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:41 pm
by nightmare
I think bacteria is cause in most cases. Here is good scientific report on different bacteria from subjects with and without halitosis.
http://www.nature.com/srep/2012/120109/ ... 00215.html
Knowing if you have shit breath or rotten egg breath will go a long way in combating the enemy.
If you can confront fear and get enough courage to ask her which smell you have it might go a long way to help you find a cure.
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:00 am
by who farted?
i dont think we will find a cure until we have a way of measuring breath odour we need personal breath testers so we can see what helps and what doesnt ,ive seen these Tanita breath testers anyone tried them anygood?
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:47 pm
by loyd99
who farted i disagree for me any when i can feel its bad also the reaction i get an the distance people keep tells me this. as soon as i know what exactly is causing the effect i will treat it.
ps im not clever enough to know exactly what it is
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:53 pm
by halitosisux
These things are probably interesting if you can get used to using one. They can't possibly give reliable information about bad breath, but if the semiconductor gas sensor in there can give some consistent accuracy on the levels of VSCs, it could be useful in certain circumstance.
For example, trying out different breath products and then at fixed points in the day, taking measurements, having not eaten or had anything to drink for a good hour or so. Morning breath readings etc, where there's some consistency, and it might give some idea of any variations you're getting in your bad breath.
Never tried one myself, but if I can find one below £50 I might try one out.
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:23 pm
by FedUp
Question for you guys
Can you smell your morning breath?
The reason I ask is because I can always smell my morning breath, after I've brushed my teeth the smell goes away.
I usually breathe against my hand and it's a nasty smell. Yet after brushing I can check all day and it doesn't appear to smell bad.
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:37 pm
by loyd99
yes i can and taste it when diet it poor as previously mentioned i can also notice it go when the reverse happens
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:53 pm
by Mm123
loyd99 wrote:yes i can and taste it when diet it poor as previously mentioned i can also notice it go when the reverse happens
Hello guys i am 17 yr old female with this condition as we're all in the sam BOAT.
I have recently been diagnosed with IBs and allergic rhinitis . I have no clue where it's coming from either it be from my nasal passage or from my bowel. I am currently fasting atm...and many people complain of BAD breath when they fast. However, for me it's the complete
opposite i can't believe fasting improves my bb by 65% almost! From my opinion i believe that it's due to either:
- due to mouth (where the bacteria can't feed on anything i.e. food) meaning it remains fresh
bowel where no food is being digested hence no problem
or let it be in the stomach.. but ppl get bb coz they have empty stomach for me it's the complete oppsite.
I wen to the ENT and got it checked they said remving tonsil stones dones't help bb.
I am tired.. now 
[/list]
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 pm
by loyd99
my guess would be your rhinitis would have something to do with your gut try a real good gut heal with good quality probiotics and enzymes thats a good place to start seek out a gi specialist if you can
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:48 am
by 222chick
FedUp wrote:Question for you guys
Can you smell your morning breath?
The reason I ask is because I can always smell my morning breath, after I've brushed my teeth the smell goes away.
I usually breathe against my hand and it's a nasty smell. Yet after brushing I can check all day and it doesn't appear to smell bad.
Yea I can taste mine. It seems to be coming from the very back of my throat. After brushing or eating, that taste goes away. A lot of days, my mouth tastes like it is ok or at least not too bad. If it gets bad, I chew gum now that is sweetened with stevia. I don't know how much it helps. It's impossible to tell what I'm exhaling out really because I can usually manage to keep a safe distance from people. Maybe a have more good days than I think, but I never know. The times when I have gotten bad reactions which is more times than what normal people get for sure, has ruined it for me.