Page 1 of 1

sugar an alcohol

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:41 pm
by loyd99
why is it when i eat sugar an alcohol my halitosis gets really bad to the point where i cant even mask it with chewing gum? i also get the feeling of something being stuck in my throat and my nose will get pretty much fully blocked up so i cant breath out of it? can anyone explain this

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:46 pm
by Stankie
...

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:09 pm
by loyd99
have you got any tips for helping it heal or making the feeling go away quickly other than diet, probiotics????

Re: sugar an alcohol

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:02 am
by Archimonde
loyd99 wrote:why is it when i eat sugar an alcohol my halitosis gets really bad to the point where i cant even mask it with chewing gum? i also get the feeling of something being stuck in my throat and my nose will get pretty much fully blocked up so i cant breath out of it? can anyone explain this
i know exactly what you're talking about, we must have the same issue. Alcohol is by far the worst, it makes my mouth *extremely* dry.

Nothing can make that feeling go away quickly, but chlorophyll (especially from blended greens) will somewhat speed up the recovery process.

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:10 pm
by loyd99
yeah im trying to find out what causes it and why other people are fine with it. my guess is a lack of certain enzymes or h pylori (which im hoping it is). I am going to see a top nutritionist who deals with all sorts of inflammation, environmental factors, hormone imbalances etc

no more alcohol or sugar for me for a while now which i kinda of enjoy to be honest but going to low on carbs an into ketosis can also create a kind of halitosis so i just need to make sure im eating enough starchy veg and white rice.

ive said before in previous threads that eating well an probiotics an systematic enzymes people started getting closer an not backing away no tastes in my mouth but a few heavy days drinking an eating junk im worse than ever.
i know im close to the cure i just wanna be able to drink an be social all the time

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:18 am
by 222chick
I'm trying to figure out why after a night of drinking my mouth feels perfect the next day. It 100% feels like I could go without brushing my teeth. No taste at all.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:16 am
by deebas
If you can 'mask your bb with chewing gum', you don't have a problem, you are only starting out

I was at that stage about 4 years ago and the issue gets worse and worse every day from here on

chewing gum for me now only makes my mouth taste sour and provides no outward relief

its better to make tough diet changes now and try to limit the damage

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:01 am
by meowkity1
I agree when you get chronic, gum actualy makes it worse. If I drink alcohol , it takes me 2-3 days to recover. Mouth gets hot dry, nasty,sticky, nose stuffy, whoe inner facce itchy and seems to be filled with a dense gas. I get a lot of reactions from far away. Same with coffee. I love coffee, but only have it about twice a month. I have to brush right after. My dream is to go on a date and order wine without worrying one once

Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:19 am
by Mac
222chick wrote:I'm trying to figure out why after a night of drinking my mouth feels perfect the next day. It 100% feels like I could go without brushing my teeth. No taste at all.
I've had the same experience. What do you drink? I'm starting to think it could have something to do with the fermentation process and the beneficial bacteria that are present as a result. Or maybe it deadens the olfactory system for a while and I can't detect any smell. In which case I'm completely barking up the wrong tree.

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:14 pm
by Phantasist
Lloyd99,

If you want to drink socially, don't drink beer or wine. Drink something like a scotch and soda WITH ICE it. All alcohol will dry your mouth, but the soda dilutes the alcohol and the ice will cause your mouth to become very cold. Cold stops the volatile sulphur compounds that are being produced by the anaerobic bacteria from being volatile. In short, the cold makes the sulphur temporarily inert.

I have proven this many times. When I sit at a bar and have a cold drink, I can talk to the person next to me without any reactions.

Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:35 pm
by Hussay
Alcohol drinking and smoking cause the bad breath and also bad mouth taste.
Avoid all alcohol drinks, beer, and wine and also tobacco smoking to keep your breath fresh and healthy.