Page 1 of 1
1 week into raw foods
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:02 am
by vodov
My symptoms: occasional sinus infections for as long as I can remember, bad breath for 5 years (22 now), acne on my back for 5 years.
What I've done so far:
_went to the dentist a year ago, got 10 cavities and a food trap fixed, tongue got pinker, mouth taste got much better, breath got possibly better (no confirmation)
_stopped having dairy products 6 months ago, which fixed all sinus symptoms (no infections, no green mucus, no excessive mucus)
_got appointment with doctor, referred me to the ENT after telling me that "bad breath had no cure, some people just have bad saliva". I have yet to go to that appointment
Now the raw food part.
This last week my diet has consisted of:
_2 green juices a day (kale, spinach, celery)
_about two fruit salads (romaine lettuce, apple, banana, orange)
_2 tomatoes as snacks
I don't have acne anymore, which is about the only good news I have. I don't feel particularly great, nor bad, and I am very hungry. My teeth are good (some people reported tooth pain).
Now, my tongue is whiter than ever (since my visit to the dentist), especially after having sugary fruits, and I don't feel like my breath is getting any better.
So if you've tried this before, tell me, is any of this normal? Should I keep on going? Because all I can think of is having a cheeseburger.
Feedback appreciated.
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:30 pm
by flavouredpig
Hi Vodov,
I think you're on the right track Vodov. Eat as much greens as you can stuff yourself with. For me, at every meal I would sit and stuff myself for an hour until I am so full. However, after one or two hours later, I would feel so hungry again.
I was also surprised when I realised I could drink apple juice (homemade juiced apples) as it contained sugar in it, yet I still had a pink tongue.
"got appointment with doctor, referred me to the ENT after telling me that "bad breath had no cure, some people just have bad saliva". I have yet to go to that appointment".
My general practitioner told me that she's seen many people with bad breath but there is no cure for it and that I will always have bad breath and I bawled my eyes out, I felt like going home to find a sure way to end my life (luckily I had to go to school afterwards). But I completely disagree with the idea that there's no cure for bad breath because we weren't born with bad breath, since there are people who first noticed having bad breath in their teenage years, twenties, 30s, or 40s. Thus, it was developed somehow. I think that doctors don't understand it because it's not well pinpointed what the cause (and thus treatment) is as the cause (and treatments) may be different for each person (and a lot of factors can lead/contribute to bad breath).
Furthermore, I also have excessive sweating in my adolescence. One of the specialist (the specialist who gave me botox injections, I think she was a neurosurgeon, I can't remember) told me that there are people who sweat a lot, people who sweat very little, and those that sweat moderately. She told me I just happened to be one of those people who sweat a lot (even though nobody in my family sweats a lot). I found out now that I don't need botox injections anymore because I know how to relax myself when I'm standing/sitting among/next to/in front of people. I attribute my past excessive sweating to my anxiety levels when I was in high school (the end of year 7, which was when it started). So what I'm saying is that specialists and doctors may not understand certain problems better than we, ourselves, understand our problem(s).
I just needed to vent about that because I was so angry at my doctor for telling me bad breath was incurable. A doctor should never say that, especially to a chronic bad breath client who already feels suicidal. I actually believed her for a day, then I came on here and coconuthead posted about her s*****e attempt and that made me realise that I have a huge possibility of effectively ending my life right here in my room, which shocked me. It made me more determined to eradicate my bad breath. Thanks coconuthead for changing my way of thinking when I needed it most.
Thank you Vodov for your post.
Re: 1 week into raw foods
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:33 pm
by who farted?
vodov wrote:My symptoms: occasional sinus infections for as long as I can remember, bad breath for 5 years (22 now), acne on my back for 5 years.
What I've done so far:
_went to the dentist a year ago, got 10 cavities and a food trap fixed, tongue got pinker, mouth taste got much better, breath got possibly better (no confirmation)
_stopped having dairy products 6 months ago, which fixed all sinus symptoms (no infections, no green mucus, no excessive mucus)
_got appointment with doctor, referred me to the ENT after telling me that "bad breath had no cure, some people just have bad saliva". I have yet to go to that appointment
Now the raw food part.
This last week my diet has consisted of:
_2 green juices a day (kale, spinach, celery)
_about two fruit salads (romaine lettuce, apple, banana, orange)
_2 tomatoes as snacks
I don't have acne anymore, which is about the only good news I have. I don't feel particularly great, nor bad, and I am very hungry. My teeth are good (some people reported tooth pain).
Now, my tongue is whiter than ever (since my visit to the dentist), especially after having sugary fruits, and I don't feel like my breath is getting any better.
So if you've tried this before, tell me, is any of this normal? Should I keep on going? Because all I can think of is having a cheeseburger.
Feedback appreciated.
raw doesnt work for me neither although you may need more time youve only had one week,i thought it made my odour worse so i gave up,your ent could be correct maybe there is no cure,so trying different things may help to reduce your odour to a minium heres my tips
1.stop masterbating youll have porno breath sorry!
2. no sugar chocolate,sweets home baking
3.no beer,wine or any alchol
4,try and eat fresh home cooked food not out a box
5.try and relax stress makes you stink
6.doctors and dentists are useless all they want to do is drill and fill ask about bb theve not got a clue
hopefully something from this list will help you!,good luck
and just in Alpro almond milk is very nice i think reduces odour tastes great and is very nice cold from the fridge sugar free variety,this is my first week on it looks promising
Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:51 pm
by FedUp
porno breath lmao