THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
sugar an alcohol
sugar an alcohol
why is it when i eat sugar an alcohol my halitosis gets really bad to the point where i cant even mask it with chewing gum? i also get the feeling of something being stuck in my throat and my nose will get pretty much fully blocked up so i cant breath out of it? can anyone explain this
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
Re: sugar an alcohol
i know exactly what you're talking about, we must have the same issue. Alcohol is by far the worst, it makes my mouth *extremely* dry.loyd99 wrote:why is it when i eat sugar an alcohol my halitosis gets really bad to the point where i cant even mask it with chewing gum? i also get the feeling of something being stuck in my throat and my nose will get pretty much fully blocked up so i cant breath out of it? can anyone explain this
Nothing can make that feeling go away quickly, but chlorophyll (especially from blended greens) will somewhat speed up the recovery process.
yeah im trying to find out what causes it and why other people are fine with it. my guess is a lack of certain enzymes or h pylori (which im hoping it is). I am going to see a top nutritionist who deals with all sorts of inflammation, environmental factors, hormone imbalances etc
no more alcohol or sugar for me for a while now which i kinda of enjoy to be honest but going to low on carbs an into ketosis can also create a kind of halitosis so i just need to make sure im eating enough starchy veg and white rice.
ive said before in previous threads that eating well an probiotics an systematic enzymes people started getting closer an not backing away no tastes in my mouth but a few heavy days drinking an eating junk im worse than ever.
i know im close to the cure i just wanna be able to drink an be social all the time
no more alcohol or sugar for me for a while now which i kinda of enjoy to be honest but going to low on carbs an into ketosis can also create a kind of halitosis so i just need to make sure im eating enough starchy veg and white rice.
ive said before in previous threads that eating well an probiotics an systematic enzymes people started getting closer an not backing away no tastes in my mouth but a few heavy days drinking an eating junk im worse than ever.
i know im close to the cure i just wanna be able to drink an be social all the time
If you can 'mask your bb with chewing gum', you don't have a problem, you are only starting out
I was at that stage about 4 years ago and the issue gets worse and worse every day from here on
chewing gum for me now only makes my mouth taste sour and provides no outward relief
its better to make tough diet changes now and try to limit the damage
I was at that stage about 4 years ago and the issue gets worse and worse every day from here on
chewing gum for me now only makes my mouth taste sour and provides no outward relief
its better to make tough diet changes now and try to limit the damage
- - ------------ [ - i stink therefore i am - ] ------------ - -
I agree when you get chronic, gum actualy makes it worse. If I drink alcohol , it takes me 2-3 days to recover. Mouth gets hot dry, nasty,sticky, nose stuffy, whoe inner facce itchy and seems to be filled with a dense gas. I get a lot of reactions from far away. Same with coffee. I love coffee, but only have it about twice a month. I have to brush right after. My dream is to go on a date and order wine without worrying one once
I've had the same experience. What do you drink? I'm starting to think it could have something to do with the fermentation process and the beneficial bacteria that are present as a result. Or maybe it deadens the olfactory system for a while and I can't detect any smell. In which case I'm completely barking up the wrong tree.222chick wrote:I'm trying to figure out why after a night of drinking my mouth feels perfect the next day. It 100% feels like I could go without brushing my teeth. No taste at all.
-
Phantasist
- Sheriff
- Posts: 477
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Lloyd99,
If you want to drink socially, don't drink beer or wine. Drink something like a scotch and soda WITH ICE it. All alcohol will dry your mouth, but the soda dilutes the alcohol and the ice will cause your mouth to become very cold. Cold stops the volatile sulphur compounds that are being produced by the anaerobic bacteria from being volatile. In short, the cold makes the sulphur temporarily inert.
I have proven this many times. When I sit at a bar and have a cold drink, I can talk to the person next to me without any reactions.
If you want to drink socially, don't drink beer or wine. Drink something like a scotch and soda WITH ICE it. All alcohol will dry your mouth, but the soda dilutes the alcohol and the ice will cause your mouth to become very cold. Cold stops the volatile sulphur compounds that are being produced by the anaerobic bacteria from being volatile. In short, the cold makes the sulphur temporarily inert.
I have proven this many times. When I sit at a bar and have a cold drink, I can talk to the person next to me without any reactions.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.