Page 1 of 1

crypts after tonsillectomy?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:03 am
by billie
Is it possible to have crypts after tonsillectomy?
Lately I've been paying more attention on my throat. After joining this site I've been focusing on my intestines a lot, but I'm not sure anymore since antibiotics never worked. :-k
When I stick my fingers where my tonsils are it feels ruff and like there are crypts. I always thought that the feeling I have in my throat are my swollen glands, but also now Im not sure if it's the glands. It's kinda the same feeling when you don't wanna cry.

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:49 am
by deebo
did you have them 'lasered' or cut out ? my ENT says the laser is sort of a resurfacing and the issues can return ,needing to be lasered again for some people . When they are removed its a permanent thing . There is also a sub lingual tonsil that i hear can also hold stones but this is far less likely . I'd have the dr have a look either way


.

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:07 pm
by FedUp
I can't speak for others but where my tonsils were it's very smooth, the surgeons did a very good job with mine, and it doesn't smell in that area anymore :)

I still cringe when I think about when I used to pluck out stones with a blackhead remover. The stench that used to stay on that thing was disgusting and heart breaking. I'll never forget the first time I discovered tonsil stones, such a horrifying moment.