Page 1 of 1

Finally Cured

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:43 am
by BrownRecluse
Hello everyone :D

Today I am smiling, and it's amazing how good God is. 15 years of my life I've suffered with bad breath, and today, well last night to be exact, I have finally been cured.

I'll have to make this quick as I have a 3 month old baby and lots of housework, but I had to share this with everyone on here because I've read and wept over these posts for years, never contributing anything.

Firstly, let me just say this: I know not all bad breath is the same, or that it comes from the same place for everyone. Believe me, I've tried it all from a tonsillectomy to neti pots and elimination diets, colonics, etc. My breath was described as smelling cheesy/fecal/garbage.

I went to the dentist determined to have ALL my teeth taken out, thinking that would solve the problem, I kid you not. I've blamed my bad breath on everything from sinuses to GI tract, and ended up back at the mouth because it couldn't be anything else. The dentist looked at me like I was Crazy, because according to her people would die to have my teeth. I'm convinced most of us on here share the same OCD oral hygiene.

I felt defeated, but asked if a cleaning would help with the odor, although she Denied an odor to begin with. (Don't folks realize we can see them rubbing their noses in disgust?) She said sure, then went on with suggestions for Listerine, tongue cleaners, etc. It was the Listerine part that I went to say, 'Well, I don't like the burn and besides it only dries out my mouth and makes things worse. Don't you have any other kind of antibacterial mouthwash?' 'Yes, we do,' she said. Something about it being for periodontal disease which she assured me I didn't have. She also mentioned it stained the teeth brown. I opted to try it not because I thought I had periodontal disease but just so I would come away with something.

I come home after the cleaning the tech assured me I really didn't need, and the mouthwash sits under the bathroom sink. After that appointment I was convinced everyone at the dentist's office was full of it, and here I am still stinky after this 'cleaning' with a $10 bottle of fancy Listerine. I've been a user of TheraBreath for the past 6 years, so I knew all the ingredients in these other products were going to be drying and only mask the problem. It was a Colgate product, for goodness' sake. So I let it sit there for a few days, and mock me.

Imagine my surprise when after One use, the smell/taste of room filling cheesy garbage disappears???

This morning I woke up, and still none of that familiar, long time companion odor. All day has been odor free. A miracle.

I don't have periodontal disease...but I obviously had/have some kind of bacteria that lives in my mouth that has caused me horrible breath all these years. The antimicrobial properties in this stuff works against whatever bacteria it is. And I couldn't be happier. Thank you God.

I will reply and go more into detail when I can, but I wanted to share what I could so far.

Words can't describe how happy/shocked/overwhelmed/astounded I am that this problem, my Whole Life, could be fixed with an antimicrobial mouthwash. I am truly thankful, thankful, thankful.

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:12 am
by Stankie
....

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:57 am
by jess
Thank you for your post. Just do us a favor, in one month, two months, and three months just come back and let us know if you're still cured!

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:21 am
by doop
so what is the solution? you used therabreath?

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:51 am
by seanlee1980
Sounds like chlorexidine. It works longer than a typical mouthwash because the solution sticks to the surface of your mouth including your teeth and is able to fight off the bacteria. I am sorry but this will not help long term.

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:53 am
by crazy4it
you should wait at lease a week before saying your cured. it happened to me numerous times where i was better no reactions but after some time it hit me even harder. but good luck with your treatment hope it lasts

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:54 am
by crazy4it
by the way chlorexidine made my condition worse any ideas why that would happen?

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:36 pm
by Shit4Breath
What's up with this influx of new members claiming to be cured with mouthwashes? Not saying this person isn't legit but it's just seems frequent lately :?