Spiritual reasons for illnesses/bad breath
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:03 am
So I've been reading this book by Thorwald Dethlefsen on the spiritual reasons for illnesses. I don't know about you guys, but I think everything happens for a reason and can be resolved. I believe however that these reasons are psychological/metaphysical and that illnesses are a way Nature tells us we are doing something wrong. I've tried to translate some bits on stomach/stomach acids, I guess some of you might be interested:
So he's basically saying that one of the main reasons for stomach problems is that we react neurotically and suck at accepting negative feelings and conflict (so naturally we have to work to improve what we may call our personality and relationship with the world):
The ability to swallow requires being passive, open and ready, in the sense to be able to receive. These qualities represent the female principle – whereas the male is active (fire), the female principle is passive (water). In psychological terms, this is the ability to feel, this is the world of feelings (but not emotions!). If a person denies his ability to feel, this function is 'transferred' down to the body and then the stomach has to diggest/assimilate both food and feelings...
...Acid attacks, corrodes, burns, decomposes – it is extremely aggressive. If a person is unhappy for and he/she cannot consciously process this unhapiness or cannot transform it into (positive) aggression, then they swallow this unhapiness/anger/etc and their aggressiveness becomes stomach acid. On a physical level acid is produces in order to 'digest' feelings – in order to show us that we have to consciously process our feelings. A person with acid reflux is either self-destructive (doesn't express his/her aggresion), or he/she demonstrates extreme aggresiveness...
...Stomach problems show a person that avoids all conflict. They unconsciosly crave for their carefree childhood...
Eating slowly and chewing thouroughly (in small bits of food) is essential for helping this process on a physical level...
If you have any digestive problems, you should ask yourself these questions:
1 What is this that I cannot or don't want to mentally 'swallow'?
2 Do I avoid conflicts?
3 How do I deal with my feelings?
4 How do I deal with my aggressiveness?
So he's basically saying that one of the main reasons for stomach problems is that we react neurotically and suck at accepting negative feelings and conflict (so naturally we have to work to improve what we may call our personality and relationship with the world):
The ability to swallow requires being passive, open and ready, in the sense to be able to receive. These qualities represent the female principle – whereas the male is active (fire), the female principle is passive (water). In psychological terms, this is the ability to feel, this is the world of feelings (but not emotions!). If a person denies his ability to feel, this function is 'transferred' down to the body and then the stomach has to diggest/assimilate both food and feelings...
...Acid attacks, corrodes, burns, decomposes – it is extremely aggressive. If a person is unhappy for and he/she cannot consciously process this unhapiness or cannot transform it into (positive) aggression, then they swallow this unhapiness/anger/etc and their aggressiveness becomes stomach acid. On a physical level acid is produces in order to 'digest' feelings – in order to show us that we have to consciously process our feelings. A person with acid reflux is either self-destructive (doesn't express his/her aggresion), or he/she demonstrates extreme aggresiveness...
...Stomach problems show a person that avoids all conflict. They unconsciosly crave for their carefree childhood...
Eating slowly and chewing thouroughly (in small bits of food) is essential for helping this process on a physical level...
If you have any digestive problems, you should ask yourself these questions:
1 What is this that I cannot or don't want to mentally 'swallow'?
2 Do I avoid conflicts?
3 How do I deal with my feelings?
4 How do I deal with my aggressiveness?