Page 1 of 1

cure report #9 (wisdom tooth extraction)

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:04 pm
by Archimonde
Was browsing Reddit and randomly found this post:

"My husband hasn't had his wisdom teeth pulled (40 yr old). About 8 years ago he had HORRIBLE breath. He went in for his regular cleaning and the dentist discovered a HUGE hole in one of his wisdom teeth. He never felt any pain it just smelled because it was decaying. Gross."

"Did he get them pulled?"

"No, not all of them just the one. He's too much of a baby to get it all done."

http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/1e ... he/ca16u07

ps: the cavity picture is unrelated to this story, it's from a different user.

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:10 am
by FedUp
I wonder if a wisdom tooth that does not leave a smell on the finger can be the root of BB.

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:17 pm
by danger
FedUp wrote:I wonder if a wisdom tooth that does not leave a smell on the finger can be the root of BB.
I think it is possible to certainly contribute. when I used to rub my impacted wisdom tooth with my finger it never really left a smell on my finger but I rubbed my tongue around the area it left a bad taste all the time. my tongue also smelt much worse when this particular wisdom tooth was jammed at the back of my mouth.

maybe odour gathering in that area for me was just a symptom of a bigger problem because I still get occasional bad tastes in my mouth but removing my wisdom tooth has certainly improved the overall taste in my mouth, which was bad 24/7(other than when I was eating) for about 9-12 months from the end of 08 to the end of 09.