Page 1 of 2

Can you guys describe what your breath smells like?

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:30 pm
by coconuthead
For some reason, I can never smell my breath when at home, but when out in public I can. Sometimes when I talk it's like I can get a quick whiff of it and it always smell like fart and rotten eggs.

I remember years ago a boy in my class had really bad breath that smelled like mothballs for the longest. I remember at times his breath would linger in the air like a minute after talking. I never said anything about it to him and I don't think he actually knew he had bad breath. He had so many friends. He was out of school for like 2 days, I remember, and when he came back I asked him where he had been. He said that he had to get one of his teeth pulled because it had rotted. And I noticed that his breath didn't stink anymore.

Different causes of bad breath have different smells. I'm assuming because my breath smells like rotten eggs that it's either gastrointestinal or respiratory.

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:34 pm
by Stankie
....

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:02 am
by StillHoping
Mine is a sour smell [or so I think anyway]

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:17 am
by oneday4800
Dog shit from what ive been told. I found out i can smell my bb when i stick my tongue out and scrape it. I smelt sh*t and baking soda lol. I hvnt used baking soda in years

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:27 pm
by Stinkynick
@cocnuthead it's funny you say that, I can never smell my breath at home either, and I usually get whiffs of it when in public. Mine is usually fecal but I have heard the mothball expression used as well. Which makes sense because in the last week I've come to realize some tooth decay I didn't know i had

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:18 am
by Tony22
I've always described my bad breath as kind of having a bitter/rubbery scent that can sometimes smell a little fecal. I've smelled a similar smell on someone else before; it's difficult to describe.

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 am
by fffff
Like a 3 day old shit in the backyard. :oops:

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:22 pm
by FedUp
fart/poo

can't believe i've been on a forum for near a year for having shit breath.

i was happy up until last year.... oh well.

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:04 pm
by coconuthead
FedUp wrote:fart/poo

can't believe i've been on a forum for near a year for having shit breath.

i was happy up until last year.... oh well.
FedUp, how did your bad breath start? Did you just wake up one morning and it never disappeared or something?

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:02 am
by sadmum
Mine changes throughout the day...from fart, poo smell to something I can't really describe, but it's like a very toxic gassy chemical sort of smell, it's very weird, that's why I sometimes believe that it could be coming from the stomach and intestines! Or maybe from the nasal/respiratory area! Who knows!!

@ FedUP...you only had your BB for a year? How old are you? And can't you remember how it all started? Any diet, environmental, emotional, physical drastic changes occurred to you during or before the onset of your BB?

I wish I were older when I developed my BB as I believe it would've helped me understand this whole thing better and clearer!



:cry:

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:22 pm
by FedUp
Mine just came onset, nothing really changed in my life in health or anything.

It just got to the point of people asking if i'd farted a few times, at first I thought nothing of it.

Then people started asking if i'd been for a shit. Still I thought nothing of it.

Then I overheard a woman saying "he stinks". So I'm sniffing my armpits thinking I had sweaty pits, nope. I carried on as usual, she talks nonsense.

Then People were saying I stunk like I hadn't wiped my backside in "4 days".

Wow, just how???

Then I started getting reactions, people coughing when I spoke to them. Being offered gum and tic tacs and the rest is history...

I was horrified, my tongue just stunk of straight up shit. I just thought I'd up my oral hygiene but it got worse the more I tried to better it.


I'm 23 now, I discovered I had BB around may or so last year. In the months/weeks prior I was living life like a normal person, now....

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:28 pm
by angst-ridden
Mine smells like rotten egg most of the time, but there have been a few occasions that it would smell fecal but it's quite rare.

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:36 pm
by mindspace
How do you know what your bad breath smells like?I only smelled sometimes something like mothball smell between upper molar teeth,despite that i don't smell anything.My colleagues at work say that the smell is like dead animal.I don't have bad taste or something.One of my colleagues had bad breath for about a half year and smells like rotten eggs,shit and he had tooth decay.

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:51 pm
by jamesmcavoy
mine is the FOOD ODOUR ,
whatever i eat or even put on my tongue for a fraction of second
i immediately smell like that dish
LET ME TELL HERE TO PEOPLE THAT MOST OF MEMBERS HERE HAVE MY CONDITION ( FOOD ODOUR ) FOR SOME TIME WHILE AND AFTER EATING AND AFTER SOME TIME A SOUR FOUL ODOR ,ITS BECAUSE OF KERATINE .

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:15 am
by Ihatemybreath
jamesmcavoy wrote:mine is the FOOD ODOUR ,
whatever i eat or even put on my tongue for a fraction of second
i immediately smell like that dish
LET ME TELL HERE TO PEOPLE THAT MOST OF MEMBERS HERE HAVE MY CONDITION ( FOOD ODOUR ) FOR SOME TIME WHILE AND AFTER EATING AND AFTER SOME TIME A SOUR FOUL ODOR ,ITS BECAUSE OF KERATINE .
just like me....... whatever I eat my breath smells like this food for some minutes...... and really strong and then the bad breath again. In other peoples the smell of the food just go away... I think this happens because the food gets in touch with the PND and the tonsils or something.... Sometimes when I need to talk with someone I just eat something, so my breath looks more presentable.