I have bad breath for as long as I can think. I had my tonsils removed, have no heliobacter pylori, brush my teeth and tongue regularly, use dental floss daily, but still no luck in fighting my bad breath (it returns 1-2 hours after cleaning my mouth and much sooner if I eat meanwhile). Mouthwashes with chlorhexidine help best but only for the days of usage (then the bad breath is non existent). A few days after that the stink returns.
My dentist attests me good teeth and no gum problem. He says that the bad breath cannot come from the teeth. With another doctor I did a halimeter test and the reading was 380 ppm. After 2 weeks usage of a daily chlorhexidin mouthwash the value was below 50 ppm!
I have a fructose intolerance though, but I avoid the food that causes it, so I think I have that under control.
A few weeks back I had a prescription for clindamycin usage for a week and I did it like described: 3 pills each day. It worked wonders against the bad breath (maybe even better than chlorhexidine) and I hoped that it would finally cure my problem. I strongly suspected a bacterial problem, because chlohexidin worked so well in the past. Well, 10 days after the clindamycin usage the bad breath came back.
I'm out of options now.
If you have ANY ideas regarding my situation, please tell me.
