Surgery???
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:35 pm
I'm being put in for some sort of surgery soon.
I asked about my adenoid today I told her of "a feeling that something is there making it hard to nasal breathe". Specialist re-looked at my CT scan and she said there is tissue there at the back of my nose, I can't recall whether she said it was adenoid or not.
I'm being put in for a tissue biopsy to "scrape away any remaining tissue" back there. When I inhale through nose it's really restricted. Of course this won't be my cure but maybe will let PND flow easier. I did ask if Adenoids can trap the same bacteria as the tonsils and she said yes.
I will be put under anesthetic, I'm confused as to whether they will be taking a sample of that area and examining it, but she mentioned scraping away remaining tissue, But I don't know whether that will be after examination. I need to contact again to get the proper details.
She said she doesn't usually look at things like that in regular ENT cases but make an exception for my case. There was no inflammation back there but just "extra tissue". And no sign of full on obstruction.
She seemed quite surprised at my "knowledge" of the ENT area, that's what reading up on things nearly every night gets ya lol
If this would be my cure I would shit my pants and legitimately smell of shit for once.
I'm still saving money for wisdom removal so hope is not all but lost just yet.
Do you guys have a feeling of "fullness" back behind your nose?
I asked about my adenoid today I told her of "a feeling that something is there making it hard to nasal breathe". Specialist re-looked at my CT scan and she said there is tissue there at the back of my nose, I can't recall whether she said it was adenoid or not.
I'm being put in for a tissue biopsy to "scrape away any remaining tissue" back there. When I inhale through nose it's really restricted. Of course this won't be my cure but maybe will let PND flow easier. I did ask if Adenoids can trap the same bacteria as the tonsils and she said yes.
I will be put under anesthetic, I'm confused as to whether they will be taking a sample of that area and examining it, but she mentioned scraping away remaining tissue, But I don't know whether that will be after examination. I need to contact again to get the proper details.
She said she doesn't usually look at things like that in regular ENT cases but make an exception for my case. There was no inflammation back there but just "extra tissue". And no sign of full on obstruction.
She seemed quite surprised at my "knowledge" of the ENT area, that's what reading up on things nearly every night gets ya lol
If this would be my cure I would shit my pants and legitimately smell of shit for once.
I'm still saving money for wisdom removal so hope is not all but lost just yet.
Do you guys have a feeling of "fullness" back behind your nose?