Page 1 of 2
Holy Molly
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:16 pm
by Peace
I've had clear PND, congestion and bb for years. Last week for the first time I put some of the PND that came out of my nose (not mouth) in a small amount of water and left it at room temp in a plastic bottle for a few days. I was expecting it to stink after a while.. but it actually smelled yeasty. Which made sense since more than 90% of chronic sinusitis/rhinitis are due to fungi.
So I did a nasal rinse with 6oz saline +4 drops of GSE morning and noon. I swear this is the best results I've had so far, no more congestion, greatly reduced PND and no reaction to my breath so far after 2 days. And this was room filling with my mouth closed! So, Holly Molly!
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:38 pm
by Stankie
...
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:10 pm
by Peace
Thanks for heads up. Did you use it as a nasal rinse?
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:16 pm
by Peace
I am asking because I had used GSE on tongue and internally before with no results, but the nasal wash paid off.
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:12 am
by StillHoping
hey peace, can you please explain how you made the rinse? what is GSE? and what type of bottle can you use as a nasal spray?
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:03 am
by ttlxman
GSE = Grapefruit Seed Extract
Did you try sinus rinses before you used GSE in them with any results? I've tried rinses with xylitol, tea trea oil, iodine etc. with limited success.
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:48 am
by Stankie
.....
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:01 am
by Peace
@Stankie
You obviously had a bad reaction to something in the GSE preparation. I agree that the antibacterial activity of GSE itself has not been clearly demonstrated. However, there is quite a bit of evidence for its anti-fungal activity, specifically against yeast. For example, here is a most recent report showing that it induces cell death in yeast.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22403727.
I used the GSE nasal rinse because I smelled yeast in my "cultured" PND that came out directly out of my nose without being contaminated by my mouth. And I can see a big difference in my congestion and bb.
@StillHoping
I make the rinse using 6oz saline solution (I use saline pre-mixed packets) and add 4 drops GSE from Nutribiotic (got it at Vitaminshoppe). I slowly squirt the solution in each nostril using a squirt bottle for nasal wash. The only reaction I get is sometimes a few sneezes afterwards.
@ttlxman
Yes, I have used all those, and more! But so far this one has worked best. I am going to do it for a few more days and stop to see what happens.
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:58 am
by halitosisux
Peace, what happens if you put some of your solution into the bottle of cultured PND?
Also, it may depend on the temperature of your cultures. Temperature is important. Please don't think I'm being dismissive, I would just like to add some info to help you prove what's happening.
I've also tried culturing my PND many times, and at the wrong temperature it also smelled yeasty, but at the right temperature the smell literally throws you across the room. It's a very fine line and something you might want to experiment with.
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 am
by crazy4it
Congrats plz keep us updated
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:07 pm
by Stankie
....
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:16 pm
by Peace
@halitosux
I have not tried mixing the solution and PND, but will try. Yes, the microbes that will grow will depend on conditions, but the fact that fungus is in there is at least a clue...
@Stankie
Ultimately I don't care if the effect is from GSE itself or something else, as long as there is an effect. I looked up tox results on the additives and they don't appear to be carcinogenic, at least. I am not saying I am cured, just that it seems to control things better. But still looking for the real solution..
Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:12 am
by halitosisux
I think fungus is part of any microbial flora - but you should keep trying, because if nasal irrigation of any kind manages to alleviate your BB then that's got to mean something.
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:32 pm
by Peace
Update:
The reverse sinus flush with that solution makes even a bigger difference after a few days.
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/sh ... inus-Flush
Note:
Apparently Nutribiotic has changed the composition of its GSE in its larger bottles, i.e., does not contain what they call citricidal, and ppl are complaining it's not working anymore. The 1oz bottle does have it but more concentrated, I would use no more than 2 drops per 8 oz saline.
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:54 pm
by Archimonde
Peace wrote:
Note:
Apparently Nutribiotic has changed the composition of its GSE in its larger bottles, i.e., does not contain what they call citricidal, and ppl are complaining it's not working anymore. The 1oz bottle does have it but more concentrated, I would use no more than 2 drops per 8 oz saline.
Thank you for this bit of information. I tried Nutribiotic's GSE many years ago and it was extremely powerful. I recently tried it again and it was nowhere near as potent. Now it makes sense.