Your Email Address:

First Name:

Removing tonsils smell

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
morsi
Total Newbie

Removing tonsils smell

Post by morsi »

Hey, I just smelled my own tonsils with a q-tip and it smelt awful,

I was thinking about ways to reduce this scent,
I know it's not much, but -
I just tried to wrap some tissue toilet (a tick one that is being used in the kitchen to dry hands..) on a stick (back of my tooth-brush) and just shoved it and brushed strongly. each time the paper had awful scent , i kept doing it for 5 min (more paper) until i couldn't notice the smell right after scrubbing.

do this for both tonsils (~ 7 min)

I just tried it, I don't know how long it will last.
and since I'm alone in my apartment there is no one that could tell if it reduces the smell.

hope to hear feedbacks from you guys...

Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac
Junior

Post by Mac »

I've got deep pockets in my tonsils on my left side and they ****ing stink. I've been trying something everyday for a few weeks now with good results. I bought some of those cotton wool pads, the circular ones used for make-up removal. Split one of those in two so I have two circles of cotton wool but thinner. Then I put it on the end of my finger and dip it in a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide squeeze it into where the tonsil crypts are and rub it around for a while. I can get a better application of it this way than using a cotton bud or my finger.

Strangely, if any stones come out, they don't seem to smell as bad and I'm not getting as much of a bad taste in my mouth or just generally not being able to sense that smell at the back of my throat. It's not perfect but I think it's a marked improvement and I'm now convinced more than ever that this is the major source of my bad breath.

Hope this helps some of you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic