Your Email Address:

First Name:

Constipation and bad breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Tony22

Constipation and bad breath?

Post by Tony22 »

What kind of connection is there between constipation and bad breath? I know I've heard that there can be, but to what extent can constipation effect bad breath? How bad does constipation have to be before it could effect it?

I do have on-and-off issues with constipation; I don't think 100% that it has to do with my bad breath, but sometimes I wonder if it could be a factor.

Stinkynick
Junior

Post by Stinkynick »

The best thing you can do is first eliminate as many "common" causes as you can.

Mouth(tooth decay, wisdoms, gum disease, etc)
Sinuses(ct scan, sinusitis, PND, nasal obstruction, etc.)
Tonsils(tonsil stones, enlarged adenoids, surgery if necessary)

After eliminating these issues would be the time to look into seeing a primary care physician who can then refer you to a GI if necessary. A primary can test you for h. Pylori or send you to someone who can. You need to make it very clear why you are seeing these doctors or they will brush you off, if you have a family doctor whom you trust that is your best place to start.

Something you can try in the mean time to see if there is any improvement would be activated charcoal. People who have bad breath that comes from the stomach usually benefit from this, even if only a little bit. There are several natural remedies that often help people with bb from stomach, charcoal, goldenseal root, chlorophyll, etc. I would advise to only try one at a time, and keep to the same dosage for a few weeks before making any decisions. The natural pills can be bought at vitamin shops and are usually pretty cheap.

If you're curious about bb from stomach, make an appointment with your doctor, make a list of questions or concerns and go over it with him.
Tony22

Post by Tony22 »

Thanks for the information; I figured it was probably a last resort cause.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

I have it on and off too. It seems no matter what i eat my stomach bloats up too however i have seen many people with big bellies and no bb.
Tony22

Post by Tony22 »

^Yeah, similar to me. I get "backed up" way too easily...but I have bad breath even when I'm not constipated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic