THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Why can I only smell my own breath near certain people?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Stinkynick
Junior
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 1:16 am

Why can I only smell my own breath near certain people?

Post by Stinkynick »

This may sound weird but I can be having a good day, no reactions from others but there are certain people that when I get near I get a whiff of bb. In particular my boss who doesn't seem to mind because I'm hard working. I also have 2 or three friends who when I get around them I can smell it.

To be clear I do get reactions from people, not all the time but usually around mid-day and my routine has worn off I get them. But even when I think I have it masked I get around certain people and BAM.

Anybody have any experience?
Sickandtired
Junior
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by Sickandtired »

Yes, same here! I think it's because of their bacterial activity, for instance, with one friend I always smell myself, and the thing is, that friend had pretty bad bb in past (due to bad teeth i'm pretty sure) and even now when bb is gone bacterial acitvity is a bit higer in his mouth. But also, when i smell myself from another ppl it rarely smells the same. It's like, another person/ different smell most of the time.
User avatar
jess
Sheriff
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:23 pm
Location: USA
Gender:

Post by jess »

I've experienced the same thing too. It's realy weird and I don't know why that happens either. And by the way, those people that I smell my bb off from have fresh breath so I know it's my breath that I smell and not theirs.
ttlxman
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 am

Post by ttlxman »

Haha the ol' "oh god I hope that's not me" :-&

It's almost like it mixes with something minor in their breath making it unique and then it's blown back at you. I'm not sure how the nose loses sensitivity to familiar smells but it's probably somehow fooling it into believing it's a new smell.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

I have experience this also with a few certain people.

Smells like straight up shit. But no-one seems to notice it when I do???
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
User avatar
Ihatemybreath
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Brazil

Post by Ihatemybreath »

It happens to me too, is to true...... I think it happens just near people who we love and have much afraid of feel our breath. Like my best friend, when I'm around of him looks like my bb increases sooo much and I stay so nervous... DEFINITELY stress level is related to BB. My stress level increases near of him, cause I don't wanna heart him with bb. I used to love sit with him on the classroom, but now I feel like I need some space cause I can't handle this stress. Is sad, is so sad, so many things I wanted to say... a joke, a gossip, just dumb chat like friends do, but can't... but god damn is better just leave alone, I stink.
User avatar
Ihatemybreath
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Brazil

Post by Ihatemybreath »

And when I'm near of him I always have to put a damn god CHEWING GUM in my mouth and I hate it, hate how it tastes, aghhhhh
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗