Brushing Tongue Better Than Scraping
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:25 am
So, as I said before, I had my major bad breath cured from extracting my wisdom teeth several years ago, but was left with a much lower-level bad breath, which was not nearly as bothersome but irksome nonetheless.
One day several months ago I threw aside my tongue scraper and just tried to use my manual tooth brush to brush my tongue. I've had dramatic success such that my breath is now consistently much better and not bothersome to people....even on a low-level.
When I brush my tongue, I have virtually no problem now. When I don't...or when I use the scraper....it's like I'm back in the dark ages.
I thought I was helping myself in buying and using a scraper, but in reality, the scraper was never able to get rid of that brown film that I always saw along the center of my tongue.
Something about the fact that the brush's bristles disturb the tongue papillae is what does the trick. The tongue scraper just combs over the papillae in a single motion. Now I rarely notice that brown film that I used to accumulate on my tongue, and I don't think the improvement in my breath is coincidental.
P.S.
When I brush my tongue I use a manual tooth brush with a narrow/small head, which helps control my gag reflex and allows me to reach further back along the tongue than I would otherwise be able to. I also brush the tongue with just a water-wetted brush (no toothpaste) and after my regular brushing of my teeth with toothpaste.
One day several months ago I threw aside my tongue scraper and just tried to use my manual tooth brush to brush my tongue. I've had dramatic success such that my breath is now consistently much better and not bothersome to people....even on a low-level.
When I brush my tongue, I have virtually no problem now. When I don't...or when I use the scraper....it's like I'm back in the dark ages.
I thought I was helping myself in buying and using a scraper, but in reality, the scraper was never able to get rid of that brown film that I always saw along the center of my tongue.
Something about the fact that the brush's bristles disturb the tongue papillae is what does the trick. The tongue scraper just combs over the papillae in a single motion. Now I rarely notice that brown film that I used to accumulate on my tongue, and I don't think the improvement in my breath is coincidental.
P.S.
When I brush my tongue I use a manual tooth brush with a narrow/small head, which helps control my gag reflex and allows me to reach further back along the tongue than I would otherwise be able to. I also brush the tongue with just a water-wetted brush (no toothpaste) and after my regular brushing of my teeth with toothpaste.