Your Email Address:

First Name:

Post nasal drip

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
timc_05
Total Newbie

Post nasal drip

Post by timc_05 »

Well im guessing almost everyone here has pnd. I really do think that the pnd is the culprit in the bb. Yaya same ol thing right? But that pnd attacks your tongue and covers it really quick and stops oxygen from gettin inside your tongue. This is also why u have coated tongues all the time even after scraping. Even if u clean ur tongue to the max it wont matter because once you spit or swallow the mucucs is gonna cover your tongue again. I really do think this is why those bad breath cures dont work. Ya they might make your mouth feel good for the first 15 min and maybe not even that if u have bad pnd. I was experimentin and i found out that everytime i spit or swallow my tongue is covered with clear mucus, you cant see it but if u use that tongue scraper from smarth mouth, which is a really good tongue scraper, I get a cup full of mucus again. So no matter what mouthwash or toothpaste u use the pnd is jus gonna take over.

This leads me too say that the toothpastes or mouthwashes need to make a formula that does something about the breakdown of mucus, something about the proteins. Im not sayin that if u stop the pnd ur bb is gonna stop, but it might. What im tryin to say is that the mucus is gettin in the way of the products it takes them over like a disease and it does it real quick. I also think it sucks up oxygen but iono i have to look into that. So its sometin to think about. I read on another website about a guy who really helped his pnd.

"Once I eliminated dairy from my diet, I started to take some supplements that were recommended by an herbalist in my area for post nasal drip. Currently, I am on 1200mg of NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine), 1600mg of Quercetin with 400mg of Bromelain, and 1500mg of vitamin C a day. This combination has done wonders for me.

NAC is an antioxidant that thins mucus and provides antiviral action.

Quercetin helps decrease mucus production and swelling by blocking the release of histamine from immune cells. Bromelain is an enzyme that has been shown to reduce swelling and inflammation in the sinuses.

Along with the supplements I have been drinking around 100 ounces of water a day.

I have been on this routine for almost 2 weeks and I am VERY pleased with the results. My drip has been reduced to almost nothing."

I havent tried it but thought some of you would like too.

jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

It`s good to hear something`s working for you. I cured my pnd when I experimented with zinc gluconate supplements. It dried up my mouth but it definitely thinned my pnd. I had to stop taking it coz of worsening breath so I replaced it with spirulina & probiotics. That combination had prevented my pnd from coming back eversince.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

thanks for that post, it is very helpful. The only thing i dont understand is the NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine)

Isnt cysteine the stuff they give people to actually induce bad breath, and of the most horrible kind?? How does that work for getting rid of bb then?

I think PND is probably the biggest culprit of bb, at least it is the main reason for me. Smartmouth continues to work like a godsend for me as it disables amino acids from eating protein (which is abundant because of PND). When protein is broken down, or eaten, by these amino acids, volatile sulphur compounds are left over which causes the bad smell. So if the amino acids cant eat the protein, they cant leave that smelly waste behind. However, when my PND is really bad i dont get a full 12 hours of relief from the mouthwash, i spose because there is just too much mucous.

I use a cortisone nasal spray (rhinocort) which works well for PND but i only use it a few times a week. steroids shrink your penis :shock:

So im looking into new ways of reducing my PND.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Definitely PND does have something to do with bb, my tongue is much pinker when I don't have much PND during the day.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

guys, maybe you should give a try to oil pulling, i´ve been doing that for a week now and i´m having the best breath in twelve years, (plus the laser and an anti-flu vaccin). My pnd has almost copmpletly gone away, i breath by the two holes of my nose (i never be able to do that) and my throat is more clean than ever.
I started with two times a day and now i´m doing it one a day, 15 minutes on the morning,
is cheap as hell

sunflower oil
give it a try,
Sizzla
Total Newbie

Post by Sizzla »

Instead of using all these crazy herbs and junk has anyone thought to just clean ur sinuses daily with salt water and one of those neti cups. or whatever their called?..
Id think that would probably stop any PND.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

I always wondered how this things can get rid of PND? Mucous is being produced during the whole day, if you clean your sinuses it probably only last a few hours at most.
xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

Sizzla wrote:Instead of using all these crazy herbs and junk has anyone thought to just clean ur sinuses daily with salt water and one of those neti cups. or whatever their called?..
Id think that would probably stop any PND.
the salt water/neti pot combo is not as effective as oil pulling. i did the combo for about 12 months with no improvement. oil pulling when done correctly dislodge mucus in the sinuses.. i dunno the science behind it but it works. i urge those with post nasal drip to give it a shot. m using organic sunflower oil once a day in the morning, i breathe better these days.
Last edited by xoxo on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

emotional rescue wrote: My pnd has almost copmpletly gone away, i breath by the two holes of my nose (i never be able to do that)

sunflower oil
give it a try,
Ditto!
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

noptical is right, PND is the result of a constant formation of mucous. And what is the actual reason for this? Allergies.

I'm going to an immunologist in june (booked 2 years ago) and see if there is any specific pollen or whatever im allergic to. Then they give some kind of injection over a period of years which makes you immune to the allergen. The only problem is if im allergic to dust i dont think theres anything for that. which is probably the case.
xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

austuser wrote: I'm going to an immunologist in june (booked 2 years ago) and see if there is any specific pollen or whatever im allergic to. Then they give some kind of injection over a period of years which makes you immune to the allergen. The only problem is if im allergic to dust i dont think theres anything for that. which is probably the case.
hi hi...

i did the blood test for allergies years back and it came back nagative. turns out that i have food allergies. u might want to ask about the food allergy test if your blood test is negative. just a thought.

good luck.
girlie girl
Advanced

Oil Pulling?

Post by girlie girl »

Can you please explain how to perform the oil pulling and how soon did you have results? Immediately? Very interesting.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Hi,
theres a topic on this site that explains you all about oil pulling, there´s a website adress that is very helpfull too. And it´s very simple: you just rinse with sunflower oil or another oil that now i don´t remember, for about 15-20 minutes, before you eat. (for me is working with 10 minutes too).

The result were very good, i ve been on this for 17 days i think and i think igot the best breath in years, PND severaly reduced, and bad taste almost gone.

I know it sounds crazy that such a silly thing give so much help but it´s how its working for me.... crazy and cheap.

and i don´t even doing almost anything else than this now

try it
good luck!
xoxo
Advanced

Re: Oil Pulling?

Post by xoxo »

girlie girl wrote:Can you please explain how to perform the oil pulling and how soon did you have results? Immediately? Very interesting.
hello... check http://www.oilpulling.com/

start with organic sunflower oil the taste is lighter, happy swishing! :)
dontholdurbreath
Total Newbie

Post by dontholdurbreath »

how much do you swish?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic