Feces breath especially after 7% H2O2
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:45 pm
I've struggled with bb ever since I can remember. I have only one non-work friend who visits me every couple of months. I have learned to some extent to not be lonely and not crave human company, I had to because my human interactions always depend on how confident I am that my breath is not smelling.
As a result my verbal skills are underdeveloped, even though I am fairly smart. I am doing a Ph.D. in Engineering, working mainly from home, but when I do have to go out to the university I always I have anxiety about my breath.
I live with my parents and grandparents, and I have learned to say quite a lot with my facial and body expressions so that I don't have to even open my mouth.
So a couple of years ago I read that hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is pretty good for oxidizing away bacteria and foreign material in the mouth, so I started using 40-volume H2O2 which I diluted with water from 100 mL to 140mL. It foamed quite well and 'livened' up my mouth, even if for just under an hour. I really thought that after using such a strong oxidant that my mouth should not produce smells due to bacteria.
I floss really well, I even use garment thread with more of a grip and resistance than dental floss, so I really get the channels between teeth squeeky clean and try to go into the folds between the teeth and gums without producing blood.
I really really thought that this routine would properly clean my mouth. I also brush my tongue so deep that I almost gag. But I never did the finger in the mouth and then smell it afterward test, I just hoped for the best. Big mistake.
The H2O2, for some reason, does something to my mouth that makes it smell like hot sh*t. That's right, hot poop, imagine smelling that, that's how my breath started to smell like after about an hour. I could, of course, not smell this, but in hindsight I did taste a sourness in my mouth. But, genius me, thought that the H2O2 killed all the sulfur and bb-producing bacteria.
So there is one fellow researcher at the University that I went to see late one day, without having had a chance to eat anything yet myself, and I rinsed my mouth and gargled with H2O2 that morning. So as I open my mouth the guy is totally taken aback, looks around, and asks "Something really smells like shit." Then it hit me, of course, my f*cking breath, which I though smelled like nothing. And that guy is actually really courteous and would never say something like that unless he is really pressed to.
So that hit me really really hard, in an emotional way, like I'm sure many of you have been affected too. And then to retrace my steps, all the people I have interacted with since using H2O2 in this way, and no one told me anything, but in hindsight they showed it in their faces. Oh dear, I'm trying to be strong and logical and unemotional about this, but this is so hard to bear. I know I can't change the past, but I can change the future.
So in any case, I started using the finger test on my mouth throughout the day, and there is definitely something fishy going on in my mouth. I had myself tested for abnormal causes of halitosis when I was a child, but they could not find anything, and I believe my tonsils are removed.
I get sh*t sulfur breath even after thoroughly cleaning and bleaching my mouth. And the only way I can now get close to interacting with people is to suck on a live Fisherman's Cherry Menthol sweet, but within say 15 minutes I can feel my mouth going all dry and sulfury and sour, then I have to eat another sweet to even think of talking to people.
I do not know what is normal. I thought it was normal for a mouth to go bad somewhat, because shops sell so many breathmints! But honestly, I always wondered how people kiss each other, if I can't even keep my mouth smelling decent for 10 minutes. Of course, you may have guessed, I am a 28 year old virgin. Never french kissed anybody, wouldn't dare to.
Doing the finger test after a mouth watering meal: finger smells like nothing. Doing the finger test 30 minutes afterward: finger smells like shit. God I hate doing the finger test and smelling shit. I don't know how people can stand me.
So I do thoroughly rinse my mouth after using H2O2, to remove all traces of it. H2O2, for some unknown effing reason, exacerbates the smell of sh*t to something ungodly. But even when I don't use H2O2, my normal bad breath problem remains.
The only way I can cope is to keep eating to produce new saliva. But this is not always possible. I don't think that my situation is normal, and it certainly is not livable.
So has anyone else had this experience with H2O2, when it clearly promotes the smell of feces?
As a result my verbal skills are underdeveloped, even though I am fairly smart. I am doing a Ph.D. in Engineering, working mainly from home, but when I do have to go out to the university I always I have anxiety about my breath.
I live with my parents and grandparents, and I have learned to say quite a lot with my facial and body expressions so that I don't have to even open my mouth.
So a couple of years ago I read that hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is pretty good for oxidizing away bacteria and foreign material in the mouth, so I started using 40-volume H2O2 which I diluted with water from 100 mL to 140mL. It foamed quite well and 'livened' up my mouth, even if for just under an hour. I really thought that after using such a strong oxidant that my mouth should not produce smells due to bacteria.
I floss really well, I even use garment thread with more of a grip and resistance than dental floss, so I really get the channels between teeth squeeky clean and try to go into the folds between the teeth and gums without producing blood.
I really really thought that this routine would properly clean my mouth. I also brush my tongue so deep that I almost gag. But I never did the finger in the mouth and then smell it afterward test, I just hoped for the best. Big mistake.
The H2O2, for some reason, does something to my mouth that makes it smell like hot sh*t. That's right, hot poop, imagine smelling that, that's how my breath started to smell like after about an hour. I could, of course, not smell this, but in hindsight I did taste a sourness in my mouth. But, genius me, thought that the H2O2 killed all the sulfur and bb-producing bacteria.
So there is one fellow researcher at the University that I went to see late one day, without having had a chance to eat anything yet myself, and I rinsed my mouth and gargled with H2O2 that morning. So as I open my mouth the guy is totally taken aback, looks around, and asks "Something really smells like shit." Then it hit me, of course, my f*cking breath, which I though smelled like nothing. And that guy is actually really courteous and would never say something like that unless he is really pressed to.
So that hit me really really hard, in an emotional way, like I'm sure many of you have been affected too. And then to retrace my steps, all the people I have interacted with since using H2O2 in this way, and no one told me anything, but in hindsight they showed it in their faces. Oh dear, I'm trying to be strong and logical and unemotional about this, but this is so hard to bear. I know I can't change the past, but I can change the future.
So in any case, I started using the finger test on my mouth throughout the day, and there is definitely something fishy going on in my mouth. I had myself tested for abnormal causes of halitosis when I was a child, but they could not find anything, and I believe my tonsils are removed.
I get sh*t sulfur breath even after thoroughly cleaning and bleaching my mouth. And the only way I can now get close to interacting with people is to suck on a live Fisherman's Cherry Menthol sweet, but within say 15 minutes I can feel my mouth going all dry and sulfury and sour, then I have to eat another sweet to even think of talking to people.
I do not know what is normal. I thought it was normal for a mouth to go bad somewhat, because shops sell so many breathmints! But honestly, I always wondered how people kiss each other, if I can't even keep my mouth smelling decent for 10 minutes. Of course, you may have guessed, I am a 28 year old virgin. Never french kissed anybody, wouldn't dare to.
Doing the finger test after a mouth watering meal: finger smells like nothing. Doing the finger test 30 minutes afterward: finger smells like shit. God I hate doing the finger test and smelling shit. I don't know how people can stand me.
So I do thoroughly rinse my mouth after using H2O2, to remove all traces of it. H2O2, for some unknown effing reason, exacerbates the smell of sh*t to something ungodly. But even when I don't use H2O2, my normal bad breath problem remains.
The only way I can cope is to keep eating to produce new saliva. But this is not always possible. I don't think that my situation is normal, and it certainly is not livable.
So has anyone else had this experience with H2O2, when it clearly promotes the smell of feces?