Page 1 of 4

In the news. Doctors Develop World's Longest Lasting Mint

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:02 pm
by grantg
I was watching the news last week on my local Houston ABC station and they did a story on two doctors who invented an all-natural slow-dissolve breath mint call ForeverMints.

The mint is a dot sized and takes on average three hours to dissolve in the mouth. They claim one single dot lasts as long as 40 Altoids.

They said that the mint contained Xylitol -- an all natural sweetener that has been shown to kill bad breath, plaque & gingivitis germs and remineralize and whiten the teeth.

I did an Internet search and came up with this article in the Houston Chronicle about it:

http://www.chron.com/business/press-rel ... 772942.php

I ordered a month supply from ForeverMints.com at intro price of $19.95. Received two days later. I must say I'm impressed. They work as promised.

One issue though. The dots take about 4 hours to dissolve in my mouth so if I want to eat I have to take it out. But, it tastes just like an Altoid over the entire 4 hour period.

I also went to bed with one in my mouth (it adheres to gum line) and when I woke up 7 hours later, it was still there. They said it would last this long because we don't salivate as much at night while we sleep.

I didn't have morning mouth when i woke up. My breath was crystal fresh -- or peppermint fresh.

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:55 am
by StillHoping
But isn't it a hassle if you have to talk to people? And they notice you ALWAYS have a mint in your mouth? Also, does the overly-minty taste/smell not bother you?

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:05 am
by seanlee1980
The guy is just advertising the product. Lets go find him at the Houston headquarters and breathe on him to death.

Re: In the news. Doctors Develop World's Longest Lasting Min

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:17 am
by oneday4800
grantg wrote:I was watching the news last week on my local Houston ABC station and they did a story on two doctors who invented an all-natural slow-dissolve breath mint call ForeverMints.

The mint is a dot sized and takes on average three hours to dissolve in the mouth. They claim one single dot lasts as long as 40 Altoids.

They said that the mint contained Xylitol -- an all natural sweetener that has been shown to kill bad breath, plaque & gingivitis germs and remineralize and whiten the teeth.

I did an Internet search and came up with this article in the Houston Chronicle about it:

http://www.chron.com/business/press-rel ... 772942.php

I ordered a month supply from ForeverMints.com at intro price of $19.95. Received two days later. I must say I'm impressed. They work as promised.

One issue though. The dots take about 4 hours to dissolve in my mouth so if I want to eat I have to take it out. But, it tastes just like an Altoid over the entire 4 hour period.

I also went to bed with one in my mouth (it adheres to gum line) and when I woke up 7 hours later, it was still there. They said it would last this long because we don't salivate as much at night while we sleep.

I didn't have morning mouth when i woke up. My breath was crystal fresh -- or peppermint fresh.


***k off! I hope one day u get this curse and see how it really feels,BITCH! ***k you and your product! Go shove it up your ass.

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:07 pm
by Archimonde
So what if he's advertising, since when is that a bad thing? I certainly want to know what products they are working on.

The question is whether the claims he makes about his product are honest or lies. If a mint can last 4 hours, i want to know about it.

@OP interact with us, don't just copy a 'press release' that a 14 year old could have written. Offer us samples, answer our questions, talk to us.

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:25 am
by StillHoping
soo I bought these forever mints [cuz sadly, I am desperate and willing to try anything]. And today was my first time using it and I have to admit I am very surprisingly impressed, as I was thinking this would just be another scam. My coworkers interacted with me up close; NO REACTIONS! I always pop mints whenever noone is looking, so this is beneficial for me personally because no more need for this.

It lasts for at least 3 hours for me; my concern was how would I talk to people etc? But it kinda glues itself to your gums, so you can still talk as normal. fyi, I believe I have type 1 bb [possible type 2 also, but ENT says he doesn't see any nasal issues] I suspect this might only be useful for people with type 1 though, soo not sure

Disadvantages I have noticed:
- constantly having that mint taste/ smell; but obviously I prefer this to my usual sour taste
- When I was ready to eat, it took a good 5 - 7 mins for me to completely dissolve the mint. And even after eating a brownie, I can still taste mint.

I will update back at the end of the week, as to if I'm still satisfied.

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:22 am
by halitosisux
Gotta say, Smints helped me a LOT when it was inappropriate to chew gum.. and xylitol most definitely makes a difference, as does peppermint.. I think it's a brilliant idea if it can work for Type-1 or Type-2.

Even better would be a similar long-lasting tablet that can stick in the mouth, but instead release a safe antibacterial type substance (or deodorizing substance), without the need to mask odours with peppermint. There surely must be something that can be released slowly in the mouth that can do this, like nano-silver particles or whatever, or even antibiotic substances which don't get absorbed into the body, but only act by direct contact in the mouth while they're in there.

Jesus Christ how hard can it ****ing be? However complex the causes of bad breath might be, it's only a ****ing odour. With all the technology available, how the **** are we still so stuck in the dark ages when it comes to BREATH odour FFS.

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:23 am
by compor
This really looks promising, should be handy when meeting with friends. Guess I'm gonna give it a try.

http://www.forevermints.com/

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:21 pm
by StillHoping
I totally agree halitosisux! if they were able to come up with forever mints, they should be able to come up with something identical that doesn't have mint flavour/ gives off neutral smell but still lasts long. I wonder if we should suggest this to Dr Aydinmur?

compor, I definitely recommend you try it. Even though its not a cure, its still a discreet mask that works for now and is clearly the best mask I have found thus far. I put it my mouth overnight and no morning breath; just mint breath. So I guess this will be my solution until I find something permanent.

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:10 pm
by halitosisux
Yes, please suggest it to Dr. Aydinmur.

Zinc is very powerful at both neutralizing odours and affecting the VSC production of bacteria. Like EVERYTHING aimed at bad breath reduction, it's how effective it can be for the moment you use it and how long the effects will last - and for most people the bad breath starts again within minutes, even with the most expensive SHIT that KATZ and the rest of the extortionists can offer.

If Zinc could be released slowly into the mouth it might be able to have continuous effectiveness. JESUS that's all that's would be needed for most people, just something that works CONTINUOUSLY. Every odour problem has a solution, whether it's a fridge or a foot or a pet's arsehole, there's an effective solution for it and people don't have to spend a lifetime trying to solve it for themselves.

Zinc probably would work if released slowly. Maybe there's some patent troll preventing it. I can't imagine in this age where even individual atoms can be manipulated, why we still have to rely on ****ing peppermint

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:34 pm
by FedUp
Hey guys does gum tend to make your BB worse?

I know the few times I chew gum and I rarely do, I can taste the farty odor.

Today I had a few polos and was told it smelt nice lol. I'm not gonna buy a shed load of polos anytime soon.

I never use mouth wash either.

It's strange that I can taste/smell it more when I chew gum.

A work colleague even pointed out the smell as well. He just thought I let out a bad fart.

I'm currently in the process of arranging a meeting with an oral surgeon.

Hopefully I can get this half erupted wisdom taken out. I'm sure he will do X-rays and what not.

But I'm not gonna get my hopes up in the slightest.

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:17 pm
by StillHoping
@halitosisux maybe there really is something preventing this because if we are able to think of this, surely scientists should have thought of this by now? I dunno

@fedup, gum works fine for me until the flavour wears off. Then my mouth gets dry and the bb slowly starts creeping back with an amalgamated scent of gum. But its not the gum itself that makes my bb worse. Although I have a sour/metallic bb and I personally suspect fecal bbs may be due to tonsil or digestive issues.

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:16 am
by halitosisux
@FedUp, I remember reading once that one way to know if you have a gum problem is if you can suddenly smell something bad when chewing on toffee.

@StillHoping, God knows. I think people like Katz don't wish to shoot themselves in the foot by creating the perfect solution to this problem, so they are scrambling to discover and patent specific bacteria, like the type in Blis-K12, which they know will not be able to colonize the mouth, but probably do help some people a bit for a while after they take them until the bacteria are naturally wiped out again. Crap that they can patent and charge whatever extortionate price they like, knowing that stupid people with harmless coffee-breath will hail as a cure for bad breath, and then assume that everyone with true chronic bad breath is just a dirty animal. Then other companies are happy knowing that everyone thinks Katz and co are the breath GODS and don't bother to innovate, and happy to sell even worse crap we find taking up entire rows in supermarkets.

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:23 pm
by StillHoping
I completely agree!!! It all has to do with a strategy to keep making money for sure. Not only companies like thera but I feel all dental related companies/ businesses would take a hit if there was a definite cure for bb out there.

Its pretty obvious at this point; if we want a cure, we will need to just come up with it ourselves.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:39 pm
by SHITBREATH
I ordered forevermints today,Does it still works for you StillHoping?