THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Upcoming ENT appointment

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
jess
Sheriff
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:23 pm
Location: USA
Gender:

Upcoming ENT appointment

Post by jess »

I just made an appointment to see an ENT doctor in my area. Thank God they didn't ask me for a referral. The appt is for next week. Please share any suggestions on what to ask the doctor during the appt. Thanks.
hopelessone
Sheriff
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Upcoming ENT appointment

Post by hopelessone »

jess wrote:I just made an appointment to see an ENT doctor in my area. Thank God they didn't ask me for a referral. The appt is for next week. Please share any suggestions on what to ask the doctor during the appt. Thanks.
i dunno what you should ask, but i wish you the best at your appt...and may the ENT dr be especially gifted, intuitive, and skilled.
“Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It’s beyond me.” ~Zora Neale Hurston
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

Ask your ENT if he's had patients who consulted him because of a bb problem.
User avatar
jess
Sheriff
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:23 pm
Location: USA
Gender:

Post by jess »

Yesterday I went to my ENT doctor appointment. The doctor did the nasal endoscopy, where he looked at the nasal and sinus passages, and back of throat. According to him everything looks very healthy and he doesn't see anything that could cause my bb. He says that I still have my adenoids but they're very small and are not infected. I left the office disappointed because I was hoping they would find something. So right now I'm pretty much back to square one and pretty much not sure which direction to go next.
Forwardfaith
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:28 am

RE

Post by Forwardfaith »

Many doctors, do not believe post nasal drip would cause bad breath. But, it is from my experience that this is one of the main culprits. Sadly, I joined this group abit late. Maybe for the next appointment with another doctor, try ask him if you are showing symptoms of post nasal drip.

From my experience: Sour taste in mouth an hour or two after eating and the need to always swallow.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

I don't think the PND causes any odor but I think the bacteria in our mouth's/throats maybe feed off of it.

I mean if I hack up some mucus it never smells of anything at all.

I think only sinus infections produce smelly mucus/phlegm.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗