Your Email Address:

First Name:

Antibiotics???

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FedUp
God

Antibiotics???

Post by FedUp »

What does it mean if antibiotics don't even work at all??? I know some people note a difference at first but then it wears off. last time i took them they didn't work at all. I wonder if this is wisdom teeth all along?

I have a half impacted wisdom on my right side, anytime I smell shit it is on my right side of my nose. My nasal odor is 10x worse than breath odor though my breath is still bad. But i floss or touch that tooth there is no smell. Only time I can smell BB is in the morning. I do not think PND can cause shit breath where it can sometimes be smelt 4 to 5ft away.

There have been times when I've been trying to snort out snot and the fecal smell would come rushing out of my right nostril. I cannot take this torment anymore. To have a bunch of teenagers looking at me smugly and with disgust when I should be the one be out living life as a 23 year old young man doing stupid things. I just want to live my life in peace i'll be damned if i spend it holding my breath just to not smell. I'm sick of nearly passing out and feeling uncomfortable.

Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
searching
Master
Re: Antibiotics???

Post by searching »

FedUp,

Have you tried Stage 2, Nasal Irrigation, described here? Stage 2, nasal irrigation sends solution in through the nose and out through the mouth, flooding and flushing the sinuses during the process. It must be done gently, else risking injury to eardrums.

For me, in the past, this technique has removed nasal odor as a source.

The irrigation solution was composed of:
600 milliliters of warm, potable water
¼ teaspoon of ordinary table salt
¼ teaspoon of baking soda, i.e. sodium bicarbonate

The presence of the dilute salt & baking soda sufficiently match the body's salinity to prevent stinging. These components also hydrate and thin the mucus viscosity enabling it to more-easily exit the sinuses and nostrils.

Nowadays I no longer need it; however, I would practice it again if my nasal passages/sinuses became an odor source or a source of excessive mucus.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Tried this before, One day I had no PND and I was nose breathing to test, I was told to "stop farting".

Now no-one ever says that when I mouth breathe but I know mouth breath is bad as I've had numerous comments.

Also when I chew gum I can smell/taste shit sometimes (again only in right nostril). I think a tooth of mine is bad it's got to be.
It smells like a shitty sweaty horrible fart.

As proved with the member "Cured" even dentists and oral surgeons can be wrong in their "professional" examinations.

I never had BB EVER until last year. Endoscopies, CT scans, tonsillectomy, retention cyst surgery, dental examinations and cleanings i'm still non the wiser.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

FedUp, is the impacted tooth on the top or bottom row of teeth?

Searching, having managed to successfully find a way to eradicate your nasal odour, what do you think caused it?

How do you think it all relates, particularly when your nasal odour has seemingly disappeared, and your other bad breath from your mouth remains?

Do you think there could be a possibility that certain chemicals which originate from Type-1 bad breath could "migrate" to the nose in some way and accumulate there?

There definitely seems to be a pattern on here where bad breath appears to progress to involve the nose. That's why I'm wondering.

Do you think there are any connections between nasal bad breath and the phenomenon of people who can stink out a room ONLY when they sneeze? https://www.google.co.uk/#q=foul+smelling+sneeze
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

halitosisux wrote:FedUp, is the impacted tooth on the top or bottom row of teeth?

Searching, having managed to successfully find a way to eradicate your nasal odour, what do you think caused it?

How do you think it all relates, particularly when your nasal odour has seemingly disappeared, and your other bad breath from your mouth remains?

Do you think there could be a possibility that certain chemicals which originate from Type-1 bad breath could "migrate" to the nose in some way and accumulate there?

There definitely seems to be a pattern on here where bad breath appears to progress to involve the nose. That's why I'm wondering.

Do you think there are any connections between nasal bad breath and the phenomenon of people who can stink out a room ONLY when they sneeze? https://www.google.co.uk/#q=foul+smelling+sneeze

bottom row of teeth on my right side, same side I can smell it (on certain occasions). A dentist who did X ray it did say there's a gap where bacteria can be trapped, but enough to stink out rooms? He said I did not qualify for extraction since i did not have pain. I'm thinking of just going for broke and seeing an oral surgeon privately and getting them out privately. Even if it doesn't cure me at least I can rule it out. Sometimes I feel my throat is the culprit but then I think it doesn't make sense. I'd rather be broke and BB free than sat here depressed about life.

But I touch that tooth I get no smell. I feel with money on my side I can at least get something done, I've resorted to selling things. But to me being "normal" is much more valuable than any of my collectibles.

Antibiotics didn't work for me last time which makes me think a tooth is bad. I walked into work and started my work a few minutes late "can you smell shit?" this 10 minutes after my routine......... depressing. And to hear "ohhh whos poo'ed their pants". It's ****ing humiliating to say the least. I want to be a grown man but I cannot do that with this condition. I cannot even sit down at dinner time in comfort to eat.

I was looking at pictures of about a month or two before I was aware and no-one EVER complained about my breath. It must of just happened over night. cruel, cruel condition.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It probably isn't your teeth, but if you wanted to rule out that tooth then you could lie and say it's causing pain. If a tooth is bad then antibiotics are likely to kill that odour. If you can't smell anything when you rub the area then it's not likely to be affecting your breath in any way.

Based on the things I can see you've tried, I think while you're still looking at any remaining possibilities like this tooth, that maybe you need to consider TMAU as a possibility? It's a free test on the NHS remember. The fact this has only just started happening in your life makes it likely that if you do have a form of TMAU that it's the acquired type, and one which you might be able to control and at least reduce the symptoms of. I know how horrible it is to consider TMAU, but you don't want to be wasting this precious youth you still have, wondering and chasing after nothing.

Most people with this acquired type of TMAU don't complain about smelling fishy, it's commonly a fecal odour.

Have you tried doing some of the things which those with TMAU do to control their symptoms? Special diet and supplements like chlorophyllin tablets etc?
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I went on a very low calorie diet at one stage, just eating once.twice a day and it helped me non.

Cured said his wisdoms produced no noticeable symptoms and that proved to be his cure with extraction.

Don't people with TMAU say their clothes smell really bad?

I've read people saying their clothes smell of shit and or fish.

If I leave a shirt I've worn to work for a few days all I can smell is my deodorant and a bit of normal sweat odor.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yes, I'm glad you know about cured's story.

His dentist was justifiably skeptical about the possibility of his wisdom teeth being responsible for his BB because they were not impacted and almost completely normal, and yet look how that turned out.

This involved both his upper and lower wisdom teeth - so perhaps the uppers invaded his sinuses or affected other teeth that did.

But I may be wrong. People can have bloodborne halitosis from a digestive pathway. We know today that oral germs and toxins from gum disease or decay can get into the bloodstream where they can lead to heart disease, etc. If that's true then there could also be an odour pathway from teeth to lungs. I've never seen evidence for this, but to me it's a feasible possibility. Anything's possible when so much remains unknown.

I don't really know enough about the symptoms of TMAU. My understanding is that most people with TMAU can't smell anything themselves because of habituation. I think it's usually what others have told them.

The most common odour descriptions I've heard to describe secondary TMAU are smelly socks, garbage, burning rubber, fecal, even burnt toast - hardly ever just fishy.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I forgot to to mention that the most logical reason for the confusion between those who smell fishy and those who smell of other things, is probably due to the fact that the chemical involved (trimethylamine) smells strongly fishy in high concentration (as occurs in primary TMAU) but in low concentrations (as occurs in secondary TMAU) usually has a wide range of bizarre foul odours which don't smell fishy but like the ones I mentioned.

Even without a positive diagnosis for secondary TMAU, anyone could be borderline. Then it only takes a slight hormonal fluctuation, or a blip in the things you eat, a bout of constipation etc, to bring the symptoms on.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I get different smells, mostly I catch whiffs of a fart smell or like today dog shit. i've been told once or twice i smelt of dog shit.

i have swollen lymph nodes which a GP told me a while ago means "usually an infection of the mouth" now swollen nodes do mean your body is fighting infection. They usually swell up near the site of infection. Mine were under my jaw near my neck. I genuinely think a tooth has gone bad. I need to visit a dentist who will actually do an x ray and not send me out the door like they always do.

I think if I had TMAU like you said I would never smell myself. I usually catch whiffs of my breath at times. I think a lot of the time we taste rather than smell things.

But yes it's usually fecal and sometimes like dog shit which I can smell in my nose but rarely. I remember my mother even commented on that smell in my room once, and I thought I was crazy because I thought a dog or cat had shit in my room, the smell wouldn't leave. But I was sat next to a colleague at work and I could smell it really strongly, I asked him if he could smell dog shit and he said no (whether he was lying is debatable). But I could smell it really strongly in my nose (again right side).

I think If I tested positive for TMAU I don't think I could live comfortable I would end up ending it. My room mate doesn't even brush his teeth, maybe once every few days, he sometimes has BB but only the type you can smell real close up, doesn't fill rooms/areas around you. Really sad.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I remember a period of time when I went to about 5 different dentists in the space of a few months and the first thing each new dentist did was x-ray my teeth. So if you really want an x-ray done then that might be an option to try.

I would have thought that any dental infections or abscesses etc would lead to pain, but maybe that's not always the case.

It's strange how you only get the odour on the right side of your nose. When you say you can smell it, how do you mean? Do you mean when you breathe out or breathe inwards? Does it ever make your finger smell if you poke it in that nostril?

Have you ever lived in damp or mouldy conditions prior to your BB starting? Every person I've ever asked this question who has nasal odour answers yes to this. I can see you've had a sinus CT scan and you've been cleared of having any sinus infection, but I think in cases of mostly nasal odour, there's got to be something going on in the the sinuses somewhere, whether it be some kind of fungal growth or biofilm that has managed to take a hold in there and become immune to any kind of drug therapy.

I don't know what else to say. I don't recall anyone asking Dr. Aydinmur about fungal infections of the sinuses or biofilm connection with chronic sinusitis etc. You should put this to him, and see whether he ever comes across this or has ever dealt with it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic