Page 1 of 1
Flagyl!
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:11 am
by MomSoph
Mid 30 year old female and I have been trying to figure out why I suffer from bad breath for years. I posted here before because my dr put me on two different antibiotics to clear up sibo but I don't think it helped because I still suffered with bad breath. I can't smell my breath but when I ran my finger over my tongue, it smelled really bad. Well i went to my gyno and said i want every test done because I know I also have an overgrowth of yeast. Turns out I had a typical infection for woman and she put me in flagyl. I was on it for a week and I tested my tongue for the heck of it on day 6th day and it didn't smell!! I've been off of it for 3 days and still fine. Maybe this is it? I know it may come back but at least I know this may be a solution. As you may know, no alcohol. I didn't even eat sweets because of vanilla extract. If you haven't tried, flagyl, I would give it a shot! I had no side effects as well.
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:15 am
by StillHoping
is this something you need a prescription for or you can buy it on your own? Ive tried the whole candida/ yeast theory before and had no luck though...
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:53 am
by MomSoph
Yes, you need a prescription. It's an antibiotic and widely used so I'm sure if you asked your doctor, they wouldn't have a problem prescribing it. It's supposed to kill bacteria all over your body. As of right now, it's working for me and I hope it lasts for a very long time! Keep me posted if you give it a try!
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:08 pm
by Nrgs
HI Momsoph!
Just wondering, how is your breath as of today?
Did bb returned?
Ive did 2 weeks of flagyl and im on the third day off without bb.
Could this be a cure? Im so excited to hear about you.
Thanks!
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:48 pm
by FedUp
Best of luck to you.
how are you today?
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:43 am
by yarahe
i'm very interesting if you had recurrence of bad breath? or you still odor free?
i tried flagyl once and the bad breath returned after i finish taking the flagyl