Page 1 of 1
BB on Disney
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:35 pm
by deebo
after a Facebook member posted part of this yesterday I had to watch it all and post the full episode . I wont spoil it but even though its fiction its really something to see people clearly ostracize the bb girl and how its socially justified . What you folks think? Discuss ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nktpbylf ... MCwBzi4ftC
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:00 pm
by StillHoping
sad sad sad
yes I chuckled throughout but this just made me sad, she reminds me soo much of myself and all the bs reactions I have to go through each and every day with people. The fact that a tv show would even joke about this shows how the non-bb world doesnt take this condition seriously and doesnt even understand how we have no control over it. Because a tv show would never poke fun at something like cancer for example.
Meanwhile, us bb sufferers have no control over this condition, heck we probably have 10 times better hygienic practices than people with no bb. Yet we have to face this constant ridicule for something we didnt choose. It all just makes be sad, praying to God to give us all a solution/cure.
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:52 am
by deebo
yes . it touches on lots of things . Denial, parents, ostracism , employment ,relationship ,... . One of the things thats really interesting is the way they just conclude to fire her and in no way would they to tell her about her bb . I mean bb is certainly not the worst thing but its very unique in the way its treated socially
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:25 am
by StillHoping
Yes its interesting as to how they all decide they dont want to hurt her feelings but yet its fine to pretty much make fun of her behind her back.
This is just teaching all the kids that watch this show its cool to give non-subtle demeaning "reactions" and gossip.
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:22 pm
by halitosisux
I just watched that video and I'm speechless.
Someone please tell me that wasn't a children's show and that I've somehow missed the part where it tried to teach an example of goodness to children.
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:47 pm
by hopelessone
i just watched this video. Yes, it's a horror, but the other video is worse.
This one, that deebo re-posted and laughed at the pain it might cause those already hurting enough with bb issues.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uceKqK7xYs
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:57 pm
by FedUp
I think the BB sufferer is the victim here. Non sufferers can just walk away from you and forget about the problem and go about their day the way nature intended.
I hate reading things on the net where people complain about someones bad breath.
Someone on facebook wrote a status like "someone has bad breath on the train i wanna go home

"
I never wanted to punch them in the head so much.
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:03 pm
by hopelessone
FedUp wrote:I think the BB sufferer is the victim here. Non sufferers can just walk away from you and forget about the problem and go about their day the way nature intended.
I hate reading things on the net where people complain about someones bad breath.
Someone on facebook wrote a status like "someone has bad breath on the train i wanna go home

"
I never wanted to punch them in the head so much.
i can soooooo relate. I feel the same. BB sufferers are defenseless against this kind of assault. WE GOTTA support each other and not tear each other down like some who claim to have bb do right on this site.
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:25 pm
by deebo
hopelessone , you miss the irony and satire this group can afford us amongst our selves here. thats unfortunate
.
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:17 pm
by halitosisux
I just watched the deebo video and I can't understand a word being said. I don't need to know anyway, I can just imagine the ignorant crap he's blurting out.
Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:50 pm
by deebo
touche' hali . its probably the deep US dialect. not a big rap fan myself ,its just something to hear a candid popular take on odor in a safe environment like this forum > lyrics for the adventurous >>warning : blunt comedy
http://rapgenius.com/Del-tha-funkee-hom ... ust-lyrics
.
Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:08 am
by hopelessone
deebo wrote:hopelessone , you miss the irony and satire this group can afford us amongst our selves here. thats unfortunate
.
your insensitivity and blatant disregard for the pain of others is unfortunate.