Page 1 of 1
Upcoming ENT appointment
Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:22 pm
by jess
I just made an appointment to see an ENT doctor in my area. Thank God they didn't ask me for a referral. The appt is for next week. Please share any suggestions on what to ask the doctor during the appt. Thanks.
Re: Upcoming ENT appointment
Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm
by hopelessone
jess wrote:I just made an appointment to see an ENT doctor in my area. Thank God they didn't ask me for a referral. The appt is for next week. Please share any suggestions on what to ask the doctor during the appt. Thanks.
i dunno what you should ask, but i wish you the best at your appt...and may the ENT dr be especially gifted, intuitive, and skilled.
Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:31 am
by Archimonde
Ask your ENT if he's had patients who consulted him because of a bb problem.
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:12 pm
by jess
Yesterday I went to my ENT doctor appointment. The doctor did the nasal endoscopy, where he looked at the nasal and sinus passages, and back of throat. According to him everything looks very healthy and he doesn't see anything that could cause my bb. He says that I still have my adenoids but they're very small and are not infected. I left the office disappointed because I was hoping they would find something. So right now I'm pretty much back to square one and pretty much not sure which direction to go next.
RE
Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:38 am
by Forwardfaith
Many doctors, do not believe post nasal drip would cause bad breath. But, it is from my experience that this is one of the main culprits. Sadly, I joined this group abit late. Maybe for the next appointment with another doctor, try ask him if you are showing symptoms of post nasal drip.
From my experience: Sour taste in mouth an hour or two after eating and the need to always swallow.
Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:49 pm
by FedUp
I don't think the PND causes any odor but I think the bacteria in our mouth's/throats maybe feed off of it.
I mean if I hack up some mucus it never smells of anything at all.
I think only sinus infections produce smelly mucus/phlegm.