THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Bad breath that doesn't respond to anti-biotics.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Bad breath that doesn't respond to anti-biotics.

Post by FedUp »

I've taken a whole bunch of anti-biotics and not one has even touched this bb of mine.

Why is my nasal odor 10x worse than my breath odor? I do not get it, my CT scan showed up clear but I was told that they don't always catch infections or bacteria. the smell is primarily coming through my right nostril. When I rub that nostril sometimes I can smell that shitty smell.

I'm getting to the end of the road here.

I'm pretty sure 100% I do not have TMAU as i've been told I smell nice. Some people clear their throat or cough when they approach me or get near me, too much soap? too much deoderant? too much cologne? I work with a smelly person and really I thought it was me for weeks but he wasn't in and i couldn't smell it that day. No-one coughs or clears their throat around him and that's just the smell of tobacco unwashed sweaty clothes. and another colleague came up to me and said it was him which eased my mind (that does sound bad but with our condition its reassuring).

I notice I get reactions when my mouth is full of PND. Is it possible there is bacteria in my sinuses I cannot clean out myself which is just being carried in the drip?

My PND seems to get worse after doing my dental routine. One day a few weeks ago I had to be in a classroom type setting for 2 hours and I was shitting myself squirming, hot and uncomfortable. That morning I literally brushed every bit of my mouth that I could without gagging. That day the PND at the classroom wasn't there, It was the weirdest feeling to have a light feeling throat. I could speak freely for the first time in a while but i was careful not to nasal breathe. I lent forward a few times and that's when I could smell something rotten. There were a few coughs and the person sat next to me leaned in close to me to speak without a problem. I'm starting to think this drip is my cause but who knows.

What i've done so far

Dental examinations
Tonsillectomy
All 4 wisdom teeth extraction
Endoscopy
sinus cyst removal
ct scan of the sinuses
blood tests
mouth swabs
barium meal swallow test

Everything has come up clean so far....

I really do not know what to do anymore.

My ENT said he would do sinus surgery but I'm absolutely worried I will have it done and still not be cured.

It's strange because if i brush my teeth and drink a fizzy drink straight after I can taste rotten eggy smell in throat, the same smell that sometimes others can smell prompting "who just farted?" (don't think it's 100% terrible all the time but still i wanna eradicate it completely). Sometimes when I sneeze I can smell a mix between dirty socks and that rotten eggy smell.


I must say before all this my oral hygiene was poor. I can recall vaguely having a cold before this all started. I went out cycling one night in a bid to lose weight and got soaking wet through with rain. But then I can recall one time months prior where I was sat behind a friend in a bar and I was nose breathing he turned round sniffing up saying it smells like shit. At the time I was oblivious so I was like it's not me, lol. But in the months that followed that I never got a reaction at all.

But yes anti biotics and sinus rinses and are useless to me, I'm really desperate now, paying for tests and surgery isn't fun. I sold my motorcycle to pay for my wisdom teeth removal and it hurt to get rid of my transport to know i wasn't cured. Now if it did cure me I couldn't have a care in the world...
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
SuddenBB
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Nasal BB

Post by SuddenBB »

From the articles i've read on NCBI, most nasal odor is always accompanied by purulent discharge or epistaxis or a case of rhinolith but the a rhinolith would show up on Sinus CT scan. How you oral flora? Are producing enough saliva?

Do a spit test. If there is abnormal oral flora, your saliva should sink. And this doesn't mean you have Candida. The spit test is scam when it comes to Candida, I feel.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: Nasal BB

Post by FedUp »

SuddenBB wrote:From the articles i've read on NCBI, most nasal odor is always accompanied by purulent discharge or epistaxis or a case of rhinolith but the a rhinolith would show up on Sinus CT scan. How you oral flora? Are producing enough saliva?

Do a spit test. If there is abnormal oral flora, your saliva should sink. And this doesn't mean you have Candida. The spit test is scam when it comes to Candida, I feel.
I never have dry mouth and plenty of saliva flow. I tried the spit test and it sank.

I can smell when my tongue is making my breath stink, it goes away upon scraping and is gone all day.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
User avatar
Ihatemybreath
Master
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Brazil

Post by Ihatemybreath »

My PND gets worst after bushing too, I just spit spit and spit and there's more coming... after brush I just feel a rotten taste in my throat. My oral hygiene was poor before BB too, I just used to brush in the morning. Maybe all this BB thing it's the price like karma. Incredible how everybody here have the same to say... its not coincidence
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=sneezing+odour
I would bet my life on your nasal odour being connected in some way to the same issue as this. My guess is that there is some kind of sinus fungal growth that either causes temporary or random releases of odour when sneezing for example.
I've never managed to find any explanation for what causes this. This lack of an explanation is what makes me wonder whether there's a connection to the same "lack of an explanation" for certain cases of nasal odour like yours.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=fungal+sinusitis
User avatar
mindspace
Advanced
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by mindspace »

Fed up-first-nasal and throat swab-to see which are exactly pathogens.Also swab test for bacteria which cause gum disease.If you have bacterial overgrowth-you should take 2 or more times antibiotic because 1 is not enough to kill all the pathogens but if your case is allergy-like allergic rhinitis-it''s really hard to solveit.
SuddenBB
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by SuddenBB »

Have you had a nasal endoscopy? Fungal or bacterial infections don't show up on CT scans.
Fed up-first-nasal and throat swab-to see which are exactly pathogens.Also swab test for bacteria which cause gum disease.If you have bacterial overgrowth-you should take 2 or more times antibiotic because 1 is not enough to kill all the pathogens but if your case is allergy-like allergic rhinitis-it''s really hard to solveit.
I agree. Because you have less blood flow in the nasal area, the bioavailability of antibiotics have less action there. You need topical administration there and hence when it comes to the ear or nose, we use medicine that is topical. Do an allergy test too to see what you're sensitive to.

Double or triple your dose of antibiotic if its oral.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

I took triple anti-biotic therapy at one time. took those big yellow tablets for a whole month clarithromycin I think they were called.

Mouth swab came up clear. I know it's not TMAU as i've always got the reactions worse when i shut my mouth and nasal breathe.

I'm seriously considering just doing private sinus surgery, I cannot live like this anymore, I'm sick to death of it all.

I'm sick of avoiding social situations, my friends think im ignorant when they ask me to go for something to eat or a few drinks. I cannot bare to sit next to someone without feeling uncomfortable.

And yes i've had several nasal endoscopies, ENT noted he saw alot of thick mucus in the bottom of my throat. I have PND and not reflux like another dr tried to say. It's gotta be the sinus, what else could it be, everythings checked out... I don't know. I'm sick of it. I'm 'FedUp'.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
SuddenBB
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by SuddenBB »

I took triple anti-biotic therapy at one time. took those big yellow tablets for a whole month clarithromycin I think they were called.
The triple antibiotic therapy is three 2 antibiotics + PPI. One acts on gram positive and one on gram negative bacteria. H Pylori is a gram negative bacteria aerobic bacteria.

I meant to double the dosage. But your medication should target the right bacteria. You can take the quadruple therapy 4 times and once more and it won't help you.

If its fungal then take an antifungal like fluconazole.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Antifungal medication won't deal with fungal growth/biofilm in the sinuses if it's a mass of growth just living in the sinuses. It requires surgery and/or washing out with antifungal and antibacterial fluids.

Fungal/biolfilm growth can exist in the sinuses without there being hardly any symptoms. It's not the same as an infection which attacks the tissues of a weakened body, but because the sinuses are so perfect for allowing such things to grow in there, if they get a chance to take hold in there - from living in a house with damp or mold, or just being in a very damp area for a while where there's the mold.

Just do some google searches and it's all there.
SuddenBB
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by SuddenBB »

Antifungal medication won't deal with fungal growth/biofilm in the sinuses if it's a mass of growth just living in the sinuses. It requires surgery and/or washing out with antifungal and antibacterial fluids.
Yes but then the growth would be seen when he had an nasal endoscopy.

I read an interesting post somewhere about how to penetrate the biofilm. It involved using a little bit of Johnson's baby shampoo mixed in water plus something else I'm forgetting and doing a nasal rinse with that.

I think it was on curezone. Just search for it.

Some one please answer my question about swab culture of their tongue coating. Have they had it? What was their result?
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

I may be wrong, but I don't think an endoscope can normally see into the sinuses. Usually when an ENT looks into the nose or through an endoscope into the nose, they look for the signs that something is wrong, like any discharge coming out of the sinuses for example. Only during surgery, for example when performing procedures to improve the aspiration of the sinuses using endoscopic sinus surgery, can they look inside the sinuses.

I've heard of the baby shampoo too method too. Personally if I was suffering with nasal odour, I'd get myself one of the pulsing water irrigators designed for nasal irrigation. I'd experiment with antifungal and antibiotic sinus rinsing. These nasal flushes that rely on gravity are probably not effective enough to get the fluids into the sinuses.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

halitosisux wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/#q=sneezing+odour
I would bet my life on your nasal odour being connected in some way to the same issue as this. My guess is that there is some kind of sinus fungal growth that either causes temporary or random releases of odour when sneezing for example.
I've never managed to find any explanation for what causes this. This lack of an explanation is what makes me wonder whether there's a connection to the same "lack of an explanation" for certain cases of nasal odour like yours.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=fungal+sinusitis
I believe in this connection. Not sure if a sneeze is merely agitating some itchy acidic gas or film. The odor is in the same family as throat film. I think there is something to the irritation of a sneeze, do not have a finger on it.

There is no doc that will get into this conversation, especially with a patient who lacks ability to actually explain it.
.. to me, irrigation only proved that the pnd flow is constant, it is not something that you wash away and walk away, it is a steady stream, for lack of better understanding or explanation. You are never really removing anything, you're just clearing the path more better travel. I stopped irrigating because I though it was not targeting the issue properly, potentially exasperating it.
User avatar
FedUp
God
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by FedUp »

halitosisux wrote:I may be wrong, but I don't think an endoscope can normally see into the sinuses. Usually when an ENT looks into the nose or through an endoscope into the nose, they look for the signs that something is wrong, like any discharge coming out of the sinuses for example. Only during surgery, for example when performing procedures to improve the aspiration of the sinuses using endoscopic sinus surgery, can they look inside the sinuses.

I've heard of the baby shampoo too method too. Personally if I was suffering with nasal odour, I'd get myself one of the pulsing water irrigators designed for nasal irrigation. I'd experiment with antifungal and antibiotic sinus rinsing. These nasal flushes that rely on gravity are probably not effective enough to get the fluids into the sinuses.
I never knew they couldn't see into the sinuses, wow.

I tried the johnsons rinse and wow it burned and altered my sense of smell. I did it once and didn't bother again. I think a good clean of the sinus via surgery is the only proper way to really get whatever out.

Doc said on my CT scan there was mucosal thickening in left sinus which "could be related to his teeth". But dentists never said anything.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
SuddenBB
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by SuddenBB »

Well FUp


I never knew they couldn't see into the sinuses, wow.
They might not get through the sinuses but they can do a culture which is good enough.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗