suicidal. am I phobic or is it true?
Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:05 pm
Hi noone has actually said it directly to my face but I have heard people say it to other people on 2 occasions in the past 8 years. This was in social situations when out in bars drinking and smoking. Once was by my boyfriend of 7 years - his friend told him to stop passing gas and I heard my boyfriend tell his friend - in a not joking way - that it was actually my breath. Another time was one of my girlfriends to another girlfriend when we had just come back from having a cigarette and the other friend said it was probably just from smoking, but I suspect that the friend meant it was more than just from smoking and that there was a chronic problem other than smoking.
Other than that I would be considered very very pretty, yet i do not get chatted up by boys and all my friends do. I have had several long-term boyfriends but they have been abusive and bad relationships.
People think I am very stand-offish but I am just very conscious of people getting close to me because I do not want people to smell my breath.
I am convinced that people are just too nice to raise this with me because it is a pretty embarrassing thing to raise to someone. I'm very conscious of other peoples breath. Some of my friends breath smells sometimes and I havent raised it with them - people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones I suppose. But then part of me also thought doesnt everyones breath smell a bit sometimes? I dont know?
I dont smoke anymore thought part of me would rather have my breath smell of smoke than smell of bad.
I am on medication now for epilepsy and am concerned that this further gives side effects of general odours including breath odour.
I am constantly watching whenever I am out socially for how much distance people are keeping, analysing if they are giving me a wide berth. I am going home early and convincing myself that people are avoiding me and parting all around me everywhere i walk, say in a club or something because for like 3 feet all around me people cant bear to get close. Everyone seems to just stare at me. so then i just make excuses to my friends eg re my meds and come home and cry and plan my will and s*****e until i fall asleep. This is actually how bad it is.
I said to one of my friends the other day that this was why I went home and did I smell and she said no I always smell lovely, but she has to say that doesn't she, she cant say I smell bad otherwise it would be really awkward for her and it would hurt me. She probably also thought I was talking about body odour as I was too embarrassed to say directly that I was talking about breath.
I have split with my boyfriend of 1 year recently. He didn't say anything to me either. maybe this was a reason and he didn't want to hurt me by telling me the truth?
I've just had a tooth extracted so i must be stinking even worse at the moment too.
Thank you for listening.
I just don't know what to do.
I had an appointment with Dr Stemmer but as I had a dry socket on my extraction I didn't go, but after reading here that it's not really very honest and good I'm glad I didn't go.
Other than that I would be considered very very pretty, yet i do not get chatted up by boys and all my friends do. I have had several long-term boyfriends but they have been abusive and bad relationships.
People think I am very stand-offish but I am just very conscious of people getting close to me because I do not want people to smell my breath.
I am convinced that people are just too nice to raise this with me because it is a pretty embarrassing thing to raise to someone. I'm very conscious of other peoples breath. Some of my friends breath smells sometimes and I havent raised it with them - people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones I suppose. But then part of me also thought doesnt everyones breath smell a bit sometimes? I dont know?
I dont smoke anymore thought part of me would rather have my breath smell of smoke than smell of bad.
I am on medication now for epilepsy and am concerned that this further gives side effects of general odours including breath odour.
I am constantly watching whenever I am out socially for how much distance people are keeping, analysing if they are giving me a wide berth. I am going home early and convincing myself that people are avoiding me and parting all around me everywhere i walk, say in a club or something because for like 3 feet all around me people cant bear to get close. Everyone seems to just stare at me. so then i just make excuses to my friends eg re my meds and come home and cry and plan my will and s*****e until i fall asleep. This is actually how bad it is.
I said to one of my friends the other day that this was why I went home and did I smell and she said no I always smell lovely, but she has to say that doesn't she, she cant say I smell bad otherwise it would be really awkward for her and it would hurt me. She probably also thought I was talking about body odour as I was too embarrassed to say directly that I was talking about breath.
I have split with my boyfriend of 1 year recently. He didn't say anything to me either. maybe this was a reason and he didn't want to hurt me by telling me the truth?
I've just had a tooth extracted so i must be stinking even worse at the moment too.
Thank you for listening.
I just don't know what to do.
I had an appointment with Dr Stemmer but as I had a dry socket on my extraction I didn't go, but after reading here that it's not really very honest and good I'm glad I didn't go.