Your Email Address:

First Name:

Fructose Malabsorption

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Fructose Malabsorption

Post by halitosisux »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructose_malabsorption

Has anyone considered this or been tested for it?
It doesn't mention BB as a symptom, although it is apparently, but if it can lead to the formation of mucosal biofilm in the intestine and many of the common symtoms which BB sufferers describe, then there could be a connection?

I know I have an inherent BB susceptibility, which at the moment I have fully under control. I have PND and it's probably only for that reason. But there could be some underlying thing like this going on inside me without even knowing it.

I'm always bloated and gassy. Sometimes my gut feels like it wants to explode. Eating quickly brings on symptoms or worsens what I'm already feeling. I always put it down to not chewing properly and rushing to eat, but improving this makes no difference. I often go from diarrhoea to constipation - I'm never constant.

I try to eat lots of fruit and wonder why it doesn't help this aspect of my digestive health. In fact, sometimes I inadvertently go without fruit for a few days and I feel a lot better - why would that improve things?

I'm also very susceptible to becoming hypoglycemic.

There's connections between fructose malabsorption and with SIBO and lactose intolerance too.

I might at least try reducing my intake of free fructose/fructans and see what happens. Will try taking Xylose Isomerase enzyme too, which it says usually helps. I'd love it if it somehow manages to reduce my PND.

ttlxman

Post by ttlxman »

This sounds exactly the same as what I'm dealing with. I too believe my BB is caused by my constant PND and I think that is directly linked to my gut problems.

I've had stool tests and blood tests and they all came back completely negative. I've got about a 4/mo wait before I get a colonoscopy so in the meantime I am going to try more food related things. Gluten-free for 50 days did not really help. I noticed that fruit ends up congesting me pretty quickly so the next step seems to be testing something out related to Fructose. The only thing Doctors could tell me is that there is probably a bacterial imbalance in my small intestine.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

ttlxman, yes, it makes a lot of sense, especially if the same things are also happening to other BB sufferers. Can you please re-paste this post in the other fructose malabsorption thread so that we can stick to one discussion.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic