THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Can you guys describe what your breath smells like?
- coconuthead
- Advanced
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
- Gender:
Can you guys describe what your breath smells like?
For some reason, I can never smell my breath when at home, but when out in public I can. Sometimes when I talk it's like I can get a quick whiff of it and it always smell like fart and rotten eggs.
I remember years ago a boy in my class had really bad breath that smelled like mothballs for the longest. I remember at times his breath would linger in the air like a minute after talking. I never said anything about it to him and I don't think he actually knew he had bad breath. He had so many friends. He was out of school for like 2 days, I remember, and when he came back I asked him where he had been. He said that he had to get one of his teeth pulled because it had rotted. And I noticed that his breath didn't stink anymore.
Different causes of bad breath have different smells. I'm assuming because my breath smells like rotten eggs that it's either gastrointestinal or respiratory.
I remember years ago a boy in my class had really bad breath that smelled like mothballs for the longest. I remember at times his breath would linger in the air like a minute after talking. I never said anything about it to him and I don't think he actually knew he had bad breath. He had so many friends. He was out of school for like 2 days, I remember, and when he came back I asked him where he had been. He said that he had to get one of his teeth pulled because it had rotted. And I noticed that his breath didn't stink anymore.
Different causes of bad breath have different smells. I'm assuming because my breath smells like rotten eggs that it's either gastrointestinal or respiratory.
-
StillHoping
- Sheriff
- Posts: 431
- Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am
- Location: Calgary, AB
-
oneday4800
- Advanced
- Posts: 109
- Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 10:52 am
- Gender:
-
Stinkynick
- Junior
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 1:16 am
@cocnuthead it's funny you say that, I can never smell my breath at home either, and I usually get whiffs of it when in public. Mine is usually fecal but I have heard the mothball expression used as well. Which makes sense because in the last week I've come to realize some tooth decay I didn't know i had
fart/poo
can't believe i've been on a forum for near a year for having shit breath.
i was happy up until last year.... oh well.
can't believe i've been on a forum for near a year for having shit breath.
i was happy up until last year.... oh well.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
- coconuthead
- Advanced
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
- Gender:
Mine changes throughout the day...from fart, poo smell to something I can't really describe, but it's like a very toxic gassy chemical sort of smell, it's very weird, that's why I sometimes believe that it could be coming from the stomach and intestines! Or maybe from the nasal/respiratory area! Who knows!!
@ FedUP...you only had your BB for a year? How old are you? And can't you remember how it all started? Any diet, environmental, emotional, physical drastic changes occurred to you during or before the onset of your BB?
I wish I were older when I developed my BB as I believe it would've helped me understand this whole thing better and clearer!

@ FedUP...you only had your BB for a year? How old are you? And can't you remember how it all started? Any diet, environmental, emotional, physical drastic changes occurred to you during or before the onset of your BB?
I wish I were older when I developed my BB as I believe it would've helped me understand this whole thing better and clearer!
Mine just came onset, nothing really changed in my life in health or anything.
It just got to the point of people asking if i'd farted a few times, at first I thought nothing of it.
Then people started asking if i'd been for a shit. Still I thought nothing of it.
Then I overheard a woman saying "he stinks". So I'm sniffing my armpits thinking I had sweaty pits, nope. I carried on as usual, she talks nonsense.
Then People were saying I stunk like I hadn't wiped my backside in "4 days".
Wow, just how???
Then I started getting reactions, people coughing when I spoke to them. Being offered gum and tic tacs and the rest is history...
I was horrified, my tongue just stunk of straight up shit. I just thought I'd up my oral hygiene but it got worse the more I tried to better it.
I'm 23 now, I discovered I had BB around may or so last year. In the months/weeks prior I was living life like a normal person, now....
It just got to the point of people asking if i'd farted a few times, at first I thought nothing of it.
Then people started asking if i'd been for a shit. Still I thought nothing of it.
Then I overheard a woman saying "he stinks". So I'm sniffing my armpits thinking I had sweaty pits, nope. I carried on as usual, she talks nonsense.
Then People were saying I stunk like I hadn't wiped my backside in "4 days".
Wow, just how???
Then I started getting reactions, people coughing when I spoke to them. Being offered gum and tic tacs and the rest is history...
I was horrified, my tongue just stunk of straight up shit. I just thought I'd up my oral hygiene but it got worse the more I tried to better it.
I'm 23 now, I discovered I had BB around may or so last year. In the months/weeks prior I was living life like a normal person, now....
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
-
angst-ridden
- Advanced
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:17 pm
How do you know what your bad breath smells like?I only smelled sometimes something like mothball smell between upper molar teeth,despite that i don't smell anything.My colleagues at work say that the smell is like dead animal.I don't have bad taste or something.One of my colleagues had bad breath for about a half year and smells like rotten eggs,shit and he had tooth decay.
-
jamesmcavoy
mine is the FOOD ODOUR ,
whatever i eat or even put on my tongue for a fraction of second
i immediately smell like that dish
LET ME TELL HERE TO PEOPLE THAT MOST OF MEMBERS HERE HAVE MY CONDITION ( FOOD ODOUR ) FOR SOME TIME WHILE AND AFTER EATING AND AFTER SOME TIME A SOUR FOUL ODOR ,ITS BECAUSE OF KERATINE .
whatever i eat or even put on my tongue for a fraction of second
i immediately smell like that dish
LET ME TELL HERE TO PEOPLE THAT MOST OF MEMBERS HERE HAVE MY CONDITION ( FOOD ODOUR ) FOR SOME TIME WHILE AND AFTER EATING AND AFTER SOME TIME A SOUR FOUL ODOR ,ITS BECAUSE OF KERATINE .
- Ihatemybreath
- Master
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:14 pm
- Location: Brazil
just like me....... whatever I eat my breath smells like this food for some minutes...... and really strong and then the bad breath again. In other peoples the smell of the food just go away... I think this happens because the food gets in touch with the PND and the tonsils or something.... Sometimes when I need to talk with someone I just eat something, so my breath looks more presentable.jamesmcavoy wrote:mine is the FOOD ODOUR ,
whatever i eat or even put on my tongue for a fraction of second
i immediately smell like that dish
LET ME TELL HERE TO PEOPLE THAT MOST OF MEMBERS HERE HAVE MY CONDITION ( FOOD ODOUR ) FOR SOME TIME WHILE AND AFTER EATING AND AFTER SOME TIME A SOUR FOUL ODOR ,ITS BECAUSE OF KERATINE .
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.