Page 1 of 1
Culture test done - Result in 48 hrs
Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:58 am
by SuddenBB
Ok got the tests done.
One was saliva culture.
Second was sputum culture.
Third was the tongue coating culture.
Results will come in 48 hrs. Will post them.
Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:25 pm
by halitosisux
Interesting. I saw something recently about a new company that will analyse any sample you send them, using these genetic tests to determine which species of microorganisms are in the sample. There was some controversy about it though, I can't remember what.
I think I saw it on BBC News, and I tried to find it a few days ago but couldn't.
What will you do with your results once you get them?
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:49 am
by SuddenBB
Interesting. I saw something recently about a new company that will analyse any sample you send them, using these genetic tests to determine which species of microorganisms are in the sample. There was some controversy about it though, I can't remember what.
Well you're talking about PCR testing right? No I'm getting a culture test done. PCR testing is expensive and used mostly for genes. I don't have much info on this.
But cultures detect microorganisms too.
Once my results come, I'll know if there are any abnormalities in my oral flora and if there are, I'll have a lead to see what treatment to take.
BTW I'm trying homeopathy too but so far no luck but its only been a while, like 2 weeks.
Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:34 pm
by halitosisux
Sorry, yes, for some reason I just assumed you meant PCR testing.
I hope you manage to find something out by doing this.
There was a documentary on British TV which featured a woman with BB, and she had a culture done, and she was given antibiotics. It all sounded quite promising, but then everything became vague, as though they tried to make it look like they knew how to cure this woman, but only fobbed her and the viewers off. There were no further details. No conclusion, not even a mention of whether she was cured, just the usual shit where people with bad breath get taken the piss out of instead of getting the help and dignity as other illnesses get.
Re: Culture test done - Result in 48 hrs
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:34 pm
by jamesmcavoy
So what r the results ?
what kind of strains are present ?
Disappointment
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:27 pm
by SuddenBB
Guys the results came back as sterile and no pathogens found.
Btw I've started an Amox+Clarithromycin + PPI and it has significantly decreased the coating and odor. I'm taking this medication without a doctor's advice. Just by me experience. So far its been good. The coating has thinned out. The smell is less but the coating hasn't gone completely.