Page 1 of 1

Can you guys please do me a favor and do this test for me?

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:27 am
by bbsux
In the morning i brush my teeth and use tongue scraper to way back in my mouth. If i put my finger in the back of my mouth and smell it THERE IS NO SMELL.


However after one hour i do same test and i smell faint smell. After 2 + hours it is very bad... like feces / shit bad. Thats when reactions start. Also if i eat the process speeds up and bad smell is there.


The smell is very strong... i have done the test at night and the smell was strong i decided not to wash my hands i went to sleep woke up in the morning smelled my hand and it was still on there smelling really bad. I can only imagine how bad it is when i talk to people.


Can you guys please do simillar test to see if your finger will smell. I would really appreciate it!

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:43 am
by Ihatemybreath
I've never could feel a real real bad smell when i put my FINGER on my tongue, but if I lick my arm and let it dry, yeah it smell awfull. but never in my finger...... and the smell in my arm always let go after some minutes. I don't think its normal if it lingers for too long...

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:47 am
by bbsux
Ihatemybreath wrote:I've never could feel a real real bad smell when i put my FINGER on my tongue, but if I lick my arm and let it dry, yeah it smell awfull. but never in my finger...... and the smell in my arm always let go after some minutes. I don't think its normal if it lingers for too long...
Thank you so much for doing the test !

Yes its very strange i never smelled anything like it. Also if i do the lick test it barely smell and that doesnt worry me however if i take my finger and put it all the way to back of my mouth almost lin my throat and then smell it UFFFFFF it smells really bad for a LONG TIME

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:39 pm
by FedUp
Mine doesn't smell like "shit" when I do it later in the day, more of a wierd rubbery smell. The good Doc who often posts says tongue odor usually cannot be smelt by others, so white tongue doesn't necessarily mean bad breath. I've seen videos of celebs with white tongues and I highly doubt they have BB. I really do not sweat my tongue odor as I know it's not my cause.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:20 am
by OverBB
Yes I have the feces smell also. If i lick my wrist the smell will remain for a long time.

I get a very thick clear mucus and always have the urge to clear my throat. Not sure if i have an allergy to a food and whether I have GERD but I have had good results when i tried the SCD diet for a few days.

What I did was I cut out starches and fruits or anything with carbs basically(i know this is not ideal for a healthy lifestyle) and then I added cocunut yoghurts and probiotics to my diet. So essentially just eating LOTS of green vegetables, vegetable juices, meat and eggs, cocunut yoghurt, no fruits (except coconut), no starches and certainly no dairy or grains.

Try this for a maybe 4 days and see if you have any improvement. The reason I stopped is because I need to find a better balanced diet as i dont think this is good longterm but the idea is to identify whats triggering the GERD/PnD that is (maybe) causing the bad breath.

My theory anyway.

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:11 pm
by elliott
Maybe you have some tonsil stone liquid mixed in with the thick mucous. It happens.

I like the idea above me, but I think 4 days is only as long as it takes to just start getting rid of the byproduct of starches, sugars, etc.. basically anything that you an think of that you'd actually want to eat.