Page 1 of 1
Are tonsil stones just calcium buildup?
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:37 pm
by Ihatemybreath
According to the doctor of this girl on the video (0:50)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa7uwYtq1j8
tonsils stones are just calcium buildup....... what the hell? I ALWAYS tough tonsils stones were food stuck on the tonsils with bacterias all over it?????????????? And now she's saying it is calcium....? WHAT. This really change my conception of tonsil stones
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:29 pm
by SuddenBB
They are calcium build up around the food stuck in your tonsils. Its like sediments which collect and attract bacteria.
Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:26 pm
by Ihatemybreath
But we need to know that is NOT food stuck, is just particles of food...... reeeeeeally tiny, you can't even see it right...
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:24 pm
by elliott
SuddenBB wrote:They are calcium build up around the food stuck in your tonsils. Its like sediments which collect and attract bacteria.
Sounds abut right.
I would rather have the stones to cough out than just have the essence of tonsil stone coating my entire throat. ughh, I sometimes have a mass down there that I can't move for my life.
I tell you, when I get one or two it feels great, it's 2 less stink bombs out of my body. It's gotta be better than them getting mixed into the digestive system.
The Best Help
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:59 am
by Antoyne
My name is Antoyne, my spamming name is Tony and I'm a big bitch of a tonsil stone.
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:37 pm
by halitosisux
Before I knew what stones were or where they were coming from, I sometimes used to just chew them up and swallow them.
Gross I know, but they didn't really taste anything like as bad as they smelled.
Ummm, my point is, that they are probably poisonous.
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:56 pm
by Ihatemybreath
halitosisux wrote:Before I knew what stones were or where they were coming from, I sometimes used to just chew them up and swallow them.
Gross I know, but they didn't really taste anything like as bad as they smelled.
Ummm, my point is, that they are probably poisonous.
Whaaaaaaaaaat? When tonsils are smashed they smell like hell, let alone CHEWING? grosssss
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:00 pm
by halitosisux
I know I know
I can't actually remember the first time I became aware of tonsil stones. Maybe in the past my mind just assumed they were bits of dislodged food, so I just chewed it up and it was gone. Then I can only assume they got bigger with time and that's when I perhaps managed to get hold of one one to investigate further - and that's when I became aware that they stunk. But who would ever think they were anything other than bits of food that had rotted. I didn't have a clue they came from my tonsils. I do rememeber them suddenly appearing out of nowhere and needing to cough it up. If I had the internet I would have searched and realised.