Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have bad smelling saliva?
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:54 pm
by coconuthead
Most times, usually beginning mid-day, I can lick my lips and they smell like shit. I can literally smell the spit on my top lip. Does this happen to anyone else?
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:49 am
by StillHoping
Yes, I have bad smelling saliva but mine is a sour smell. It slowly builds up after 30 minutes of brushing my teeth and gets worse throughout the day.
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:53 pm
by angst-ridden
Yes I do and the smell varies from rotten egg to thrash. I can smell it if I lick the top of my hand and it's most obvious after waking up. But metronidazole got rid of that smell after taking 1 tablet, (it will come back if you stop taking it) but the bad breath is still there, it can only get rid of saliva smell.
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:51 am
by Tony22
Yeah I do, I often have bad-smelling spit; it goes hand in hand with bad breath for me.
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:26 pm
by sandspiegel
Yes been there. However, you guys should take a sample of your saliva where it's coming from. So with one finger take a sample from beneath your tongue and then smell it.
In my case the bad smelling saliva came from the tongue and not from the Saliva in general.
Did you guys try Tung Brush + Gel ?
Re: Does anyone have bad smelling saliva?
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:20 pm
by ItsgoingtobeOK
coconuthead wrote:Most times, usually beginning mid-day, I can lick my lips and they smell like shit. I can literally smell the spit on my top lip. Does this happen to anyone else?
haha.. welcome to the club.
The tip of the tongue is practically the tip of the iceberg.
Try taking your finger as far back as possible on your tongue and gently take a sample of the saliva by very gently scrapping it with your nail (don't hurt yourself), let it dry a little and then smell it. You might faint. lol jk
Anyway, here is the next step now.
Use another finger (that is not contaminated yet), and take a sample of Saliva from the underneath of your tongue and smell it. It will be absolutely fresh with absolutely no smell.
This entire junk of bad breadth originates at the very back of the tongue and also it fumes out by our lungs. There is no permanent cure for it.