THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Dimethyl Sulfide - Root causes?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Courtney79
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Dimethyl Sulfide - Root causes?

Post by Courtney79 »

Like most people on here I have suffered from bad breath my entire adult life - started at 20 and I am now 35. I went to see a specialist dentist who did a breath test on a Halicheck machine - the readings for Hydrogen Sulfide and Methyl Mercaptan barely registered but Dimethyl Sulfide was well above the cognitive threshold. He gave me the breeze care range of products which 'appeared' to work at first but a month in I was still getting comments.

I have tried numerous 'cures' including taking a course of metronidazole, I've been tested for H Pylori / diabetes (both negative)

If I have milk in tea I have a constant white coating on my tongue so I try and avoid all dairy and the usual suspects of alcohol, sugar, biscuits, nuts etc. all create a significant build up on my tongue so again I try and avoid as much as possible. Eating a healthy diet with little meat and lots of greens definitely helps but like everyone, I really want to try and find a permanent cure

I don't have PND but I do often taste a bad gas in my mouth so I am pretty sure this is coming from my stomach or intestines or is blood borne. Does anyone have any ideas on the root causes of Dimethyl Sulfide and what I can try next?

Thank you
User avatar
mindspace
Advanced
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by mindspace »

Do you have PATM reactions-nose rubs,coughing,sneezing,scratching.If you have such reactions you should tested for TMAU.
Courtney79
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by Courtney79 »

Yes I have those reactions and people moving away from me when I talk. I've never been told it smells fishy though, only like cabbage or musty. Also I quite regularly have strong smelling urine, often quite milky or dairy like - not sure if that is connected?

Where can I get tested for TMAU? I am in the UK can my doctor do it or can I buy a kit of the internet? Any other suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

R
Archer_5
Total Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:58 am

General

Post by Archer_5 »

Thanks for the post!
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

Where in the UK did u get this checked..?


From memory (...think I read some Dutch studies on this years ago) high Dimethyl Sulfide indicates blood-borne halitosis. Probable source: D.Sulfide-producing bacteria in the digestive tract.

Don't know why they would think Breeze products would have an effect on that.

:roll:
TIRED
Advanced
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by TIRED »

I read on this site that taking molybdenum enzymes might help…it was in the comment by ilovebutter below this article…

http://www.thekitchn.com/sulfites-in-wi ... -or-100878
TIRED
Advanced
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by TIRED »

TIRED
Advanced
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by TIRED »

courtney79 - where did you get your test done? I would love to get one done.
Courtney79
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by Courtney79 »

Thanks so much for coming back to me and I'm so sorry for the late response. I got the test done at the Ultimate Smile Spa in Manchester city centre - the main dentist there Lance is lovely however they basically push the breeze care products which the fee for is included in the appointment fee.

It's not cheap at all - I think the initial consultation where they do the test cost about £200. You get full print outs with bar charts that tell you your measurement against the 3 VSCs - this is the website:

http://www.ultimatesmilespa.co.uk/breat ... manchester
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗