Page 1 of 1

Went to dentist

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:57 pm
by billie
So I visited the dentist a week ago and they again told me (like all the others) that I don't have halitosis. The did not even used the halimeter on me. she told me that my nose did not smell and my breath didn't smell either. If I don't smell then why do classmates avoid sitting next me? I was so hurt today when I noticed that they were hesitating to sit next to me, but then decided to go sit somewhere else. She told me to send her an email to tell her how I'm doing. She also said that she did not care if I would send her an email everyday, just so that I would believe her. I'm so confused. It's too much for me.. I just can't concentrate in class.

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:47 pm
by halitosisux
There was an interesting story today on BBC:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26543427

I've always wondered whether people like us, whose lives are literally taken over by the fear of having bad breath, has any kind of connection to the causes of what leads to anorexia.

I've always had a low opinion of myself and self-loathing, worthlessness, obsession of the most STUPID things about my body etc. I wonder why some people, even when they suspect they might have bad breath, manage to appear to remain unaffected, and why in my life it became such a major spanner in the works, literally bringing everything to a complete halt.

I have to constantly "get a grip of myself" when I'm near people. If I don't, I can easily start to attribute EVERY SINGLE word, sound, look, gesture, action etc to a stink coming from me. But yet I have every reason to accept that I don't smell of anything.

If you happen to read the above article, read carefully the part further down, about heightened perception of threat and reactions to facial expressions etc.

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:51 pm
by Archimonde
When you talk to people from a somewhat close distance, do they take a step back? That's the #1 bb reaction and the most accurate one imo.