Your Email Address:

First Name:

Caution: Personal Cure found - But supervision required

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
SuddenBB

Caution: Personal Cure found - But supervision required

Post by SuddenBB »

Hi guys and girls, its been a while since I came on here. Why? Because I've been getting better both with my situation with bad breath but also my digestion.

I have already stated my past in posts before. To read, please click on the link below.

For tongue coating experience - Very significantly connected to my bad breath and digestion viewtopic.php?t=5767

Stomach, Gut and Bad Breath - very connected viewtopic.php?t=5850&highlight=

My story - viewtopic.php?t=5697&highlight=

Ok, once you read those posts, you"ll realise that I've been having bad breath from July 2013. My tongue was white and my tongue was hardly producing saliva.

So in Jan 2014, after getting my molar extracted which had an root canal done, the bad breath was still there.So at the end of the month a Gastro scheduled a colonoscopy, after hearing that I had blood in my stool, tenderness around my stomach and white tongue.

I thought maybe the doctor was smart because he made a connection between white tongue formation and bad colon health. So I had one, and surprise, surprise, I had UC with left colon losing vascular formation and infiltration of colon cells.

So Feb 1, I was prescribed Mesalazine 800, a probiotic, Cyra D and Colonospa.

So I started taking the medicine. I decided to get myself retested for H Pylori through stool test, which came back negative. I met my doctor for a follow up and asked whether I could go on the H pylori kit, since I was already taking a ppi and a probiotic. He refused, saying it will give me loose motions.

Around 15th Feb, I decided to take them anyway. This was Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin. On the second day, my bad breath went away and my tongue didn't develop the tongue coating which I had for 8 months. I continued taking the meds, but the bad breath came back again and the tongue coating.

I carried on with the medication and the bad breath slowly started decreasing and so did the tongue coating. Now its March 30th and my tongue coating has reduced a lot. People have stopped rubbing their nose. And to check my progress, I stopped using mouthwash, hydrogen peroxide, ACV so that I wanted to see if people would react when I would talk to them. The nose rubbing reaction is something I hardly see, and this is speaking to someone half a feet away or sometimes closer.

I have been taking the medication for 1.5 months. A normal course is for 14 days.

Changes I've noticed.

My mouth has started producing saliva like before. I don't see much undigested food particles. This is because, when you don't produce enough saliva, food can start breaking down in the mouth and so much of it passes undigested or putrefies in the colon. Bad breath produced in the body will be the type that fills up the room. If you have bad breath due to a oral condition, then the length of the smell that it will travel to would be less than even a feet. That indicated an oral cause. More the distance, bad breath can travel, more the indication that it has a non oral condition.

I take 1000mg of Clarithro
750 mg of Amox
A ppi and probiotic

Changes felt, I can smell my breath less and so can most people. My food is digesting better. More saliva. Girl trying to hit on me now in the office. A month back they'd cough when they saw me just to be mean. My new office people are very small minded. They cough when ever I come. Now since I smell less, there are only two or three people cough persistently to make me feel bad but It doesn't bother me, since I'm feeling much better.

I've also noticed that when I drink, I have a stronger coating on the tongue. This might be due to my stomach or due to dry mouth as a consequence of drinking. I drank yesterday and I have a coating today, but its even less than the times I didn't drink and had that severe coating, last seen in Jan. I haven't even brushed till now.

The caution part is that I'm taking strong medication for about 1.5 months. The first time I took this medication for 10 days in Sept and though my coating decreased a lot, but it didn't go. Everyday I see a difference in my coating, as in it decrease. I have been very patient this time around. The only thing I do is brush in the morning with tooth paste and brush my tongue with sodium bicarbonate. I have been using sodium bicarbonate for 5 months but only in the morning.

I noticed also that, if smoke, I develop a slight coating. It develops less now. Much less after medication.

I hope this helps someone. I didn't want to post before because I didn't want to judge prematurely. I'm going to take the meds for another 2 weeks and post again.

Only downside, the medication costs me $ 200 a month but its worth it.

My only advice, be patient. Be very patient and keep trying.

jamesmcavoy

Re: Caution: Personal Cure found - But supervision required

Post by jamesmcavoy »

This only shows how unprepared you are for the future . These medications u have no idea what u are dealing with . Antibiotics are never the option in case of halitosis . If u dont stop ,u are definitly going to mess with your body severly and that is for sure .
Please sujoy ,stop taking them . I u dont believe ,just google longterm sideeffects of antibiotics .
Plz dont get me wrong
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

I agree with jamesmcavoy,i have read that antibiotics can work when u take it, but when u stop bb is back.Another thing that is interesting is that low IgG can be the cause of bb. http://kidshealth.org/parent/system/med ... ulins.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic