xylitol in water and Jordan Rubin's oral probiotics
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:02 am
My brother's a dentist and said I should try dissolving xylitol crystals (from sugar substitute section of grocery store) in water and rinsing and gargling with it. It helps; it's a sugar alcohol. He said it can shift the balance of good and bad bacteria in the mouth over time. It didn't have lasting effects for me though past about an hour, because the post nasal drip bacteria just kept re-infecting my tongue, palate and throat. I have that sick taste in my mouth like you get when you have a flu or cold, because the post nasal drip carries nasal bacteria into the mouth. So for now I'm just using my thumbs to clean the palate and throat, and my index fingers to clean the tongue. Another treatment (haven't tried this one) is something I saw recently on Garden of Life's website. Here's the link: http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-fo ... Smile.aspx
In Christ, Mike
In Christ, Mike