Page 1 of 1

Tips when drinking alcohol

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:39 pm
by Nespresso
Hi guys

So I went out last night with my close buddies and we sat at a bar in a pretty small table again. I am a huge beer guy but I am starting to give it up in social settings as I reek like shit. Last night I ordered a screw driver with lots of ice. This seemed to have worked okay. I also had a tall iced water. I was still getting reactions but wasn't that bad. At one point I was quiet and my friends kept asking me questions to get me involved.

What really sucks is that I don't really enjoy myself anymore in a tight setting like this anymore. All I think of all night was am I smelling and trying to read my friends reactions.

Do you guys have tips when consuming alcohol in social settings?

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:53 pm
by StillHoping
I use forever mints in those situations; but the bad part is you will still taste the minty flavour with whatever youre drinking

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:51 am
by Nespresso
StillHoping wrote:I use forever mints in those situations; but the bad part is you will still taste the minty flavour with whatever youre drinking
I just looked up that product. Do you know if it's similar to Xylimelt?

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:58 am
by StillHoping
I have not tried xylimelt but from what Ive heard; seems like they work similarly with staying in the mouth for hours

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:09 pm
by Nespresso
StillHoping wrote:I have not tried xylimelt but from what Ive heard; seems like they work similarly with staying in the mouth for hours
Thanks. Just before you responded (first time), I ordered some xylimelt. I am thinking that my issue with alcohol is from dry mouth. Hopefully xylimelt will take care of it without having to taste mint in my drink. If it doesn't work out, I will check out forever mint.

I tried Mint Asure but it didn't work on alcohol. This seems to work for me when I consume garlic and onion (although I really try to avoid food that contains these) but doesn't seem to help me when I am drinking.