What I've learned so far. Any Help?
Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:36 pm
Hello. I am passively using this Forum since about 2 years now, since I wanted to take care about my bb.
Anyhow this is my very first post, but dont judge by this. I just want to share my findings so far (as I think the help for everyone lies in sharings from everyone).
Some short story about me, I am some guy, having bb since I can remember. Now, a few years later, I am still searching for the cause - yet, i've found a few solutions which might be interesting for you. (Maybe it could help you, or even me by getting more tips from you). My oral hygiene was always good and I had never problems with gums or teeth.
So basicly, those are my exact symptoms and what I have done to cure them + some findings:
Tonsil stones. From time to time I had cought up some tonsil stones. So I visited a few docs as I was sure my bb was caused by this. Finally I got my tonsils removed.
This didnt helped for my bb, but I am happy that I dont need to care about the stones ever again.
PND - all day long. As far as I can remember from childhood, I always had something in my throat. I have visited maany ent's and finally they thought the problem is my deviated septum, and some polyps. So I got the septum corrected and the polyps removed, but the bb stayed - and the pnd too.
One interesting thing though which I discovered when I had an infection: I was given Amoxicillin (kills aerobic bacteria - as opposed to Metronidazole "Flagyl" which kills anaerobic ones) which lead to 100% improvement of my bb. Therefore i was cured for the time I took that antibiotic but as I stopped the bb came back nearly instantly. (Ive read a lot about this on the forum here, as there were more cases like this one).
*I personally think Metronidazole would have the same effect: A full cure, but only for the duration of the intake.
I am pretty good with medicine, altough I havent any degree or something, just by self teaching. So what I found mentioned very often was the H Pylori bacteria. And as I knew, it was treated exactly with amoxicillin.
So I took another shot and got an gastroscopy. This showed HP negative, but still it showed that I have an opened cardia (weekened/loosened/pressureless LES - lower esophageal sphincter) which means the acids of my stomach can go up the esophagus.
Tbh, i dont really believe that my HP is negative as I found only very little evidence that Gastritis (as I was diagnosed with) could be present without that bacteria or other causes, which i certainly dont have. Read more in this analysis: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/779649_1.
So far, my theory bases on the fact that somehow the acids (gas?) from the stomach go up and cause the thick pnd. This (as known from this forum) causes bb on its own + the acids coming up as an additional cause (the cardia is loosen).
So my advice would be to get an gastroscopy, as for my understanding the most bb is caused by this.
What I am still unclear on is the smell of my breath. On mornings it smells like sh*t, even after brushing, like rotten eggs. Then it kinda gets a leather smell, which is very fleeing as I cant smell it all the time as the rotten / feces smell when it is present. Also, I dont have very bad breath throughout the day, but when I dont eat it gets worse. Alcohol makes it worse too, but somehow on the next morning the breath is a bit better. (anyone knows why? as in this forum it is mostly the opposite case). The same goes for weed that the next day the breath is a bit better. (Smoke is killing bacteria I guess).
Also what is interesting for me is that when I do sports for example the breath goes away for some time.
So what I am left with? As I said before I have an opened cardia (allowing stomach acids to get up - I think this is the cause for the fecal smell) + some GERD (but as believed by the doctors not caused by HP).
Anyone can add something / did I helped someone with that?
What I would like to know is what the cause of the Gastritis is - if not HP - and why my breath sometimes smells like leather. (mostly in the morning after brushing - but only in special places like some rooms).
What I will research on further is if the HP result can be taken honestly, as I personally believe (as also heligirl said) that HP is nearly everyones cause. My theory is that nearly everyone has this bacteria in him but the biopsy or other HP tests doesnt show it always.
Edit1: HPylori is treated with Amoxicillin, Metronidazole (flagyl), PPI, Clarithromycin (biaxin) therefore I can guess that if someone is relieved with one of those meds, the cause could be searched in the gastro-area.
Anyhow this is my very first post, but dont judge by this. I just want to share my findings so far (as I think the help for everyone lies in sharings from everyone).
Some short story about me, I am some guy, having bb since I can remember. Now, a few years later, I am still searching for the cause - yet, i've found a few solutions which might be interesting for you. (Maybe it could help you, or even me by getting more tips from you). My oral hygiene was always good and I had never problems with gums or teeth.
So basicly, those are my exact symptoms and what I have done to cure them + some findings:
Tonsil stones. From time to time I had cought up some tonsil stones. So I visited a few docs as I was sure my bb was caused by this. Finally I got my tonsils removed.
This didnt helped for my bb, but I am happy that I dont need to care about the stones ever again.
PND - all day long. As far as I can remember from childhood, I always had something in my throat. I have visited maany ent's and finally they thought the problem is my deviated septum, and some polyps. So I got the septum corrected and the polyps removed, but the bb stayed - and the pnd too.
One interesting thing though which I discovered when I had an infection: I was given Amoxicillin (kills aerobic bacteria - as opposed to Metronidazole "Flagyl" which kills anaerobic ones) which lead to 100% improvement of my bb. Therefore i was cured for the time I took that antibiotic but as I stopped the bb came back nearly instantly. (Ive read a lot about this on the forum here, as there were more cases like this one).
*I personally think Metronidazole would have the same effect: A full cure, but only for the duration of the intake.
I am pretty good with medicine, altough I havent any degree or something, just by self teaching. So what I found mentioned very often was the H Pylori bacteria. And as I knew, it was treated exactly with amoxicillin.
So I took another shot and got an gastroscopy. This showed HP negative, but still it showed that I have an opened cardia (weekened/loosened/pressureless LES - lower esophageal sphincter) which means the acids of my stomach can go up the esophagus.
Tbh, i dont really believe that my HP is negative as I found only very little evidence that Gastritis (as I was diagnosed with) could be present without that bacteria or other causes, which i certainly dont have. Read more in this analysis: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/779649_1.
So far, my theory bases on the fact that somehow the acids (gas?) from the stomach go up and cause the thick pnd. This (as known from this forum) causes bb on its own + the acids coming up as an additional cause (the cardia is loosen).
So my advice would be to get an gastroscopy, as for my understanding the most bb is caused by this.
What I am still unclear on is the smell of my breath. On mornings it smells like sh*t, even after brushing, like rotten eggs. Then it kinda gets a leather smell, which is very fleeing as I cant smell it all the time as the rotten / feces smell when it is present. Also, I dont have very bad breath throughout the day, but when I dont eat it gets worse. Alcohol makes it worse too, but somehow on the next morning the breath is a bit better. (anyone knows why? as in this forum it is mostly the opposite case). The same goes for weed that the next day the breath is a bit better. (Smoke is killing bacteria I guess).
Also what is interesting for me is that when I do sports for example the breath goes away for some time.
So what I am left with? As I said before I have an opened cardia (allowing stomach acids to get up - I think this is the cause for the fecal smell) + some GERD (but as believed by the doctors not caused by HP).
Anyone can add something / did I helped someone with that?
What I would like to know is what the cause of the Gastritis is - if not HP - and why my breath sometimes smells like leather. (mostly in the morning after brushing - but only in special places like some rooms).
What I will research on further is if the HP result can be taken honestly, as I personally believe (as also heligirl said) that HP is nearly everyones cause. My theory is that nearly everyone has this bacteria in him but the biopsy or other HP tests doesnt show it always.
Edit1: HPylori is treated with Amoxicillin, Metronidazole (flagyl), PPI, Clarithromycin (biaxin) therefore I can guess that if someone is relieved with one of those meds, the cause could be searched in the gastro-area.