THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
What is the best natural thing to suck on?
-
ShitTalker
- Junior
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:48 am
What is the best natural thing to suck on?
No jokes ladies!
I was wondering what are some good things to suck on if you were gonna be sitting at a table for a long time next to people?
Something that would keep your mouth from drying, doesn't have a bunch of sugar, and might help fight bad breath at the same time...
I've tried chewing some parsley, but it seems like my mouth got very bitter and a little dry...
I know most of the breath items in stores won't work too good for our problem...
If anyone has any ideas let me know...
I was wondering what are some good things to suck on if you were gonna be sitting at a table for a long time next to people?
Something that would keep your mouth from drying, doesn't have a bunch of sugar, and might help fight bad breath at the same time...
I've tried chewing some parsley, but it seems like my mouth got very bitter and a little dry...
I know most of the breath items in stores won't work too good for our problem...
If anyone has any ideas let me know...
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Zinc is good if the BB is being produced in your mouth or on your tongue.
There are zinc based products specifically for bad breath - gum, lozenges, lollies etc.
Dr. Murat Aydin (Aydinmur) made a list (below) of the types of zinc that work best. I used to crush Zinc citrate in my mouth and swish it around and then just swallow it. Suppresses the production of VSCs for hours. As well as neutralizing odours, zinc affects the ability of bacteria to produce VSCs. But once new bacteria grow they are unaffected. That's why it wears off. But for situations like sitting with people, it's a good temporary fix. Another option for you is forevermints.com. I've never tried them, but others have, and those with type-1 BB say it works well. Bloody expensive though. Another option is Pepto-Bismol chewable tablets. This also deals with VSCs and is antibacterial. Can make your tongue go black though, but it's harmless and comes off.
Don't forget to drink plenty of water.
zinc acetate zinc hexa fluorosilicate
zinc ammonium sulfate zinc iodide
zinc benzoate zinc lactate
zinc bromide zinc nitrate
zinc carbonate zinc oxalate
zinc carboxymethyl succinate zinc oxide
zinc chloride zinc phenylsulfonate
zinc chromate zinc phosphate
zinc citrate zinc salicylate
zinc dithionate zinc silicate
zinc fluoride zinc stannate
zinc fluosilicate zinc stearate
zinc formate zinc succinate
zinc gluconate zinc sulfate
zinc glycerophosphate zinc tartarate
zinc tetrafluoroborate
There are zinc based products specifically for bad breath - gum, lozenges, lollies etc.
Dr. Murat Aydin (Aydinmur) made a list (below) of the types of zinc that work best. I used to crush Zinc citrate in my mouth and swish it around and then just swallow it. Suppresses the production of VSCs for hours. As well as neutralizing odours, zinc affects the ability of bacteria to produce VSCs. But once new bacteria grow they are unaffected. That's why it wears off. But for situations like sitting with people, it's a good temporary fix. Another option for you is forevermints.com. I've never tried them, but others have, and those with type-1 BB say it works well. Bloody expensive though. Another option is Pepto-Bismol chewable tablets. This also deals with VSCs and is antibacterial. Can make your tongue go black though, but it's harmless and comes off.
Don't forget to drink plenty of water.
zinc acetate zinc hexa fluorosilicate
zinc ammonium sulfate zinc iodide
zinc benzoate zinc lactate
zinc bromide zinc nitrate
zinc carbonate zinc oxalate
zinc carboxymethyl succinate zinc oxide
zinc chloride zinc phenylsulfonate
zinc chromate zinc phosphate
zinc citrate zinc salicylate
zinc dithionate zinc silicate
zinc fluoride zinc stannate
zinc fluosilicate zinc stearate
zinc formate zinc succinate
zinc gluconate zinc sulfate
zinc glycerophosphate zinc tartarate
zinc tetrafluoroborate
-
ShitTalker
- Junior
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:48 am
Thank you very much for your advice on a Zinc tablet... I was thinking about Zinc, but didn't see too many Zinc lozenges and didn't really search the site... I will look into the zinc tablets now... Hopefully those mixed with carrots, celery, and cucumbers to snack on would keep my breath fresh...
Those forever mints definitely looked very interesting at first, but I think I would get better results with some zinc lozenges that I could keep re popping into my mouth... Those forever mints don't really seem to have any ingredients that would actually kill bacteria... They said the peppermint oil would kill bacteria, but I doubt it lol... It's mostly made up of Xylitol, peppermint, menthol, and sucralose... Basically a regular old mint which I'm not looking for...
Those forever mints definitely looked very interesting at first, but I think I would get better results with some zinc lozenges that I could keep re popping into my mouth... Those forever mints don't really seem to have any ingredients that would actually kill bacteria... They said the peppermint oil would kill bacteria, but I doubt it lol... It's mostly made up of Xylitol, peppermint, menthol, and sucralose... Basically a regular old mint which I'm not looking for...
-
ShitTalker
- Junior
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:48 am
I looked into Zinc tablets a little and it says you shouldn't take more than 40mg a day and it shouldn't be used long term and I was kind of looking for something that I wouldn't have to worry about taking too much or worry about side effects...
I saw the Smar Mouth zinc mints , or Therabreath lozenges and those look like something I would try... I don't like giving Therabreath any money though lol...
I saw the Smar Mouth zinc mints , or Therabreath lozenges and those look like something I would try... I don't like giving Therabreath any money though lol...
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
You're welcome. Zinc lactate or zinc gluconate are the best apparently. Apples are very a very good fruit to eat for BB.
Yes I keep dithering whether to try a sample of Forevermints. A number of people from this forum have tried them with very positive results - in fact some of them disappeared soon after - were the Forevermints that good?.
I like the concept of a system that can give a prolonged constant nice taste in my mouth, even if it's only for psychological benefit. I hate chewing gums or sucking mints that hinder speech or go flying if you cough or sneeze. I have always found that Smints (containing xylitol) made my mouth feel fresher for longer than any other mints. Xylitol reduces the acidity in the mouth, which if I understand correctly, is beneficial for reducing bad breath. Xylitol released slowly sounds like a good idea to me. Would like to see zinc released slowly in the same way.
Yes I keep dithering whether to try a sample of Forevermints. A number of people from this forum have tried them with very positive results - in fact some of them disappeared soon after - were the Forevermints that good?.
I like the concept of a system that can give a prolonged constant nice taste in my mouth, even if it's only for psychological benefit. I hate chewing gums or sucking mints that hinder speech or go flying if you cough or sneeze. I have always found that Smints (containing xylitol) made my mouth feel fresher for longer than any other mints. Xylitol reduces the acidity in the mouth, which if I understand correctly, is beneficial for reducing bad breath. Xylitol released slowly sounds like a good idea to me. Would like to see zinc released slowly in the same way.
-
ShitTalker
- Junior
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:48 am
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
I've only just noticed your post on your concerns about zinc.
Yes, it's worth finding out how much the Smart Mouth or Therabreath lozenges contain and the type of zinc they use, and see if you can achieve the same effect with the Zinc you obtain.
Zinc supplements make me slightly nauseous for a few minutes after swallowing them. But apart from that I never experienced any other symptoms. I only ever took 2 x 15mg tablets in a day. Taking more than that wouldn't have had any benefits in my own case, but I wouldn't have worried much about taking more had I needed to.
I sometimes get white spots on my nails, which is a sign of zinc deficiency anyway, so I probably needed the supplements.
Zinc supplements don't say anything on them about not taking them long term, and we all need a constant supply of zinc from vegetables etc.
Yes, it's worth finding out how much the Smart Mouth or Therabreath lozenges contain and the type of zinc they use, and see if you can achieve the same effect with the Zinc you obtain.
Zinc supplements make me slightly nauseous for a few minutes after swallowing them. But apart from that I never experienced any other symptoms. I only ever took 2 x 15mg tablets in a day. Taking more than that wouldn't have had any benefits in my own case, but I wouldn't have worried much about taking more had I needed to.
I sometimes get white spots on my nails, which is a sign of zinc deficiency anyway, so I probably needed the supplements.
Zinc supplements don't say anything on them about not taking them long term, and we all need a constant supply of zinc from vegetables etc.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.