Page 1 of 1

Yellowish/white stuff on tonsil and tonsillar arch

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:43 pm
by Twilight
Does anyone else have this?

On my left tonsil are two small(no larger than the size of a dull pencil tip) yellow/white globs. It looks very much like pus. Also, either inside, behind, or in front of my backmost left arch is a much, much larger glob of yellow/white pus. I'm going to schedule an ENT appointment about this tomorrow and see what he says but I just want to know if any of you have this either and if this is an abnormality or not.

Btw, most doctors and ENTs miss this because you can't see it(at least for me) when I stick out my tongue and say "ah". The best way to look is to get a small flashlight and just keep your tongue in place.

p.s. I have small tonsils so those with larger tonsils may cover up most of their arches.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:30 am
by mike987
i'm not sure abou the location of the goo, but i'm sure that's the same stuff that forms tonsil stones if left in a crypt

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:13 am
by mt532
Yeah, sounds like tonsil stones. if it is, you can expel them, but you probably don't want to do that because there might not be any left to show the doctor. Or if you want to do one side and leave the other, the way I do it is put pressure on it using the fat end of a toothbrush, then trying to expel it using the force of your throat...Kind of like the noise you make after having a refreshing drink 'aahhh'. Sometimes they won't come out unless you use a narrower instrument.