THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Thinking of getting tonsils out? Any advise?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
johntaylorny
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 am

Thinking of getting tonsils out? Any advise?

Post by johntaylorny »

My next step in my 40 year fight with BB is to get my tonsils out. I had an ENT doctor look at them and he said they look fine, are small, not infected. I don't know what else to do at this point. My bb is soooooo bad. I have a bad taste of metal/sulfer constantly. My bb is the 'rotten egg' smell type. If I breath (exhale) heavy with my mouth closed I can smell it. No amount of brushing, tongue scrapping, etc helps. It's not dental related-my teeth/gums are perfect. Even after brushing & gargling it seems like I've just masked the odor and nasty taste on my tongue. I can still taste the bad stuff thru the flavor of the toothpaste. If I eat garlic omg when I talk or breath people on the other side of the room can smell it that's how bad it is. After not brushing my teeth for 8+hrs on the job my bb is so bad it smells up the room.

Could it be tonsil or back of throat related?
everhopeful81
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: London

Post by everhopeful81 »

I am similar. I have been wondering if one can actually get bad breath from tonsils without usual symptoms (tonsil stones/inflammation). I spoke to a fellow sufferer today who said that it is possible though the best thing is to try & test the smell by using cotton buds in the tonsil area (I found it really difficult to get back there..). Maybe give that a go..

Have you explored stomach/digestion/allergy issues? Perhaps prior to this it's worth getting an endoscopy..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗