Page 1 of 1
Bad breath on Uk tv!
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:36 am
by hungrygirl
http://www.channel4.com/health/microsit ... me4_2.html
Its ridiculous.
I havent seen this program, but from what they say on this page, they hardly mention the tongue, yet thats all you see on the accompanying pictures.
Also, maybe i have no idea, but isn't she using the tongue scraper upside down?
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:46 am
by elliott
she's using it correctly.
The real question is, what is the black fungus on the mirror?
Even MY breath isn't THAT bad.
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:01 pm
by hungrygirl
I was only joking there, of course she is using it upside down. I used to have this untill i met " tung brush", the white part is soft so it can follow the shape of your tongue.
http://www.usdentek.com/detail_tongue.html
This is so basic, i tought anyways. And Dr Mel Rosenberg gives his name to this.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:11 pm
by elliott
I must have gotten e defective TUNG brush, because the bristles feel like steel wool! After sanding my tongue down with that thing, it's on fire. So I use the GUM brush. It has teeth on the other side to scrap off the gunk. I think 'scraping off' is better than brushing around.
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:35 pm
by noptical
elliott wrote:I must have gotten e defective TUNG brush, because the bristles feel like steel wool! After sanding my tongue down with that thing, it's on fire. So I use the GUM brush. It has teeth on the other side to scrap off the gunk. I think 'scraping off' is better than brushing around.
How is scraping better? That's not logical at all. Scraping just cleans the surface while the brush gets deeper.
And yes the tung brush is somewhat hard in the beginning and it made my tongue hurt after the first few uses but its fine now, it feels just like a toothbrush to me. There is no way a tongue scraper cleans as good as the tung brush does.
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:33 pm
by elliott
I do a little light brushing 1st, then turn it over and scrap off the residue.
Cleaning the surface is all I really want to do, actually. The deeper you brush, the deeper you could be pushing bacteria back in? Anyway, what do I know? It's not like I have resolved my problem.
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:04 pm
by noptical
elliott wrote:I do a little light brushing 1st, then turn it over and scrap off the residue.
Cleaning the surface is all I really want to do, actually. The deeper you brush, the deeper you could be pushing bacteria back in? Anyway, what do I know? It's not like I have resolved my problem.
Doesn't make sense but ok, its your loss
