Page 1 of 1

apple cider vinegar

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:39 am
by zigzag
Hi
Has anyone tried apple cider to treat BB ? I have been taking 1 tbl of Apple Cider vinegar diluted in water with meals and it seems to be working.

I wonder if apple cider vinegar works the same way as Vitamin C. Increasing the acidity in the stomach and aiding with digestion. Indigestion may be one of the causes of BB? Only thing you have to be careful about is, that both the methods involve ingesting acid and this can effect the teeth enamel. So in the case of Apple cider vinegar I dilute it with water and drink it using a straw and try to avoid contact with the teeth. I have also tried Vitamin C which also seem to work, but was causing sensitivity to my teeth.

I have been using Braggs Organic vinegar.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:58 am
by TIREDOFIT
I'll have to try this because I really think that my bad breath is coming from my stomach. I saw a gastrlogist today and he said that it is very likely the case since I have a hiatal hernia and gerd.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:21 am
by elliott
You might want to get a ph test to see whether you have TOO MUCH acid before taking more. Either see gastroenterologist, or buy some cheap ph strips.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:03 am
by zigzag
I had been to a gastroenterologist and nothing much came out of that. he did look into my stomach with a probe and found I had very mild acid reflux. Also tested for H.Pylori and that came negative. He prescribed some acid reflex medicine to try and I did not even try it, cause i know that would not solve the problem.

I have ruled out dental cause of my BB. Cause every time I go to a dentist, he thinks my teeth and mouth are perfectly OK !!!!..... I guess I do not have BB at that time !!...I have noticed that my BB gets worse an hour or so after eating or if I am really hungry.

Anyways I have been trying the apple cider vinegar with every meal and so far it has really improved my BB. Cannot say it is gone or shall i say i am scared to say it is completely gone !!!... I would like to know if this is something that works for anyone else !!...

Thanks for replying. I am glad I found this site..

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:15 am
by zigzag
Here is a site that talks about ACV.
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html