THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Low Stomach Acid - My Cure??
-
HopefulOne
- Advanced
- Posts: 144
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:06 pm
Low Stomach Acid - My Cure??
Well everyone I am on day 5 of taking HCL Betaine with Pepsin and yesterday and today, I have had "normal" breath all day long!!
As you all know, I have been trying every natural substance under the sun to kill the bacteria in my mouth and stomach. I may get some relief but never for long. However, I noticed when I drink lemon water ( a whole lemon squeezed) my bad breath diminishes. So I started reading up on stomach acid and decided to try the HCL Betaine. I started taking 1-2 capsules with every meal and now I'm up to six capsules per meal, however I still don't feel a burning sensation. Tomorrow I will try seven per meal then eight, etc. My breath smells so much better!! I believe I'm cured, but don't want to get my hopes too high. My tummy is flatter too....even after pigging out the last few days, I haven't gained ONE pound, Yippee!!
I believe the hydrochloric (sp?) acid is killing the bacteria in my stomach and making my food easier to digest, so it's not putrefying in my belly. TMI, but my bowel movements don't smell as bad anymore.
Anyone else tried this supplement? Any thoughts?
As you all know, I have been trying every natural substance under the sun to kill the bacteria in my mouth and stomach. I may get some relief but never for long. However, I noticed when I drink lemon water ( a whole lemon squeezed) my bad breath diminishes. So I started reading up on stomach acid and decided to try the HCL Betaine. I started taking 1-2 capsules with every meal and now I'm up to six capsules per meal, however I still don't feel a burning sensation. Tomorrow I will try seven per meal then eight, etc. My breath smells so much better!! I believe I'm cured, but don't want to get my hopes too high. My tummy is flatter too....even after pigging out the last few days, I haven't gained ONE pound, Yippee!!
I believe the hydrochloric (sp?) acid is killing the bacteria in my stomach and making my food easier to digest, so it's not putrefying in my belly. TMI, but my bowel movements don't smell as bad anymore.
Anyone else tried this supplement? Any thoughts?
- MissPretty
- Advanced
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:40 pm
- Location: Sweden
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
HopefulOne
- Advanced
- Posts: 144
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:06 pm
Miss Pretty, thank you, however I don't think I ever will feel normal. After dealing with BB for 40 years, I don't know what normal feels like 
Halitosisux...I have never been tested for H Pylori, but I think I may order the kit tomorrow. Whenever I have massive doses of antibiotics (while hospitalized) my BB is completely gone for about a week. But I noticed I get these massive sugar cravings and once I eat alot of sugar the BB returns. Maybe the few bacteria left in my gut was screaming for food...lol.
ThisSucks, I know absolutely when my breath is bad, terrible, or fresh. I really don't need anyone to tell me. After massive doses of antibiotics, my mouth has a neutral taste...my breath is light, airy, and my tongue is pink. When my breath smells, my breath feels heavy and I have a bitter nasty stinky taste in my mouth. My tongue is also coated when my breath stinks.
I just licked my arm and smelled it and I don't smell anything. My tongue is pink right now and I only have a slight bitter tase in my mouth because I just ate cabbage.
Halitosisux...I have never been tested for H Pylori, but I think I may order the kit tomorrow. Whenever I have massive doses of antibiotics (while hospitalized) my BB is completely gone for about a week. But I noticed I get these massive sugar cravings and once I eat alot of sugar the BB returns. Maybe the few bacteria left in my gut was screaming for food...lol.
ThisSucks, I know absolutely when my breath is bad, terrible, or fresh. I really don't need anyone to tell me. After massive doses of antibiotics, my mouth has a neutral taste...my breath is light, airy, and my tongue is pink. When my breath smells, my breath feels heavy and I have a bitter nasty stinky taste in my mouth. My tongue is also coated when my breath stinks.
I just licked my arm and smelled it and I don't smell anything. My tongue is pink right now and I only have a slight bitter tase in my mouth because I just ate cabbage.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
http://www.badgut.org/information-centr ... ath-1.html
This is just the first example I found after a google search, but if you search for more info on this, you'll see how important it is to make sure you have eliminated HP as a possible cause.
There have even been a number of studies to try to find out why so many people with chronic BB are cured following treatment for HP.
This is just the first example I found after a google search, but if you search for more info on this, you'll see how important it is to make sure you have eliminated HP as a possible cause.
There have even been a number of studies to try to find out why so many people with chronic BB are cured following treatment for HP.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Simple blood test from a GP, or you could get a self-testing kit which some pharmacies sell for about £5. It tests for helicobacter antibodies in your blood, which is what the GP blood test also does.
You can sometimes get a positive if you've had a HP infection in the past, or recently had treatment for it. So if you wanted to know for certain whether you've successfully eradicated it or not following treatment, you'd need to go for the more invasive and expensive options, like endoscopic biopsy or the urea breath or stool test.
You can sometimes get a positive if you've had a HP infection in the past, or recently had treatment for it. So if you wanted to know for certain whether you've successfully eradicated it or not following treatment, you'd need to go for the more invasive and expensive options, like endoscopic biopsy or the urea breath or stool test.
I am also taking medicine against stomach acid and it is definately helping with improving my bb problem. THe ones I take are capsules.
Check out my other thread for more information. It might help some of you too. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that my bb problem is completely gone. Sometimes I can talk close to someone, which I could not do before. Now it's really hard for me to tell if the reaction I get is due to my bb or just random.
Check out my other thread for more information. It might help some of you too. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that my bb problem is completely gone. Sometimes I can talk close to someone, which I could not do before. Now it's really hard for me to tell if the reaction I get is due to my bb or just random.
Re: Low Stomach Acid - My Cure??
i am beginning to think my bb comes from somewhere other than just my mouth.. so have been reading and investigating.
whenever i eat beets (even a small amount), my pee and poop turn pink or red. i have heard this is a sign of low stomach acid.
recently been dealing with some sort of reflux problem too.. and today, i ate about 4 hours ago but my stomach is bloated and i still feel very full. also been feeling food in my throat and a little comes up when i burp. this doesn't happen all the time, but i do get digestion problems from time to time.
i also have symptoms of hypothyroidism which i have read can be connected, but i haven't done any thyroid tests yet.
anyway, going to buy some betaine HCL and try it tomorrow..
also, found this:
http://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/artic ... CauseofBad
and:
http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1816267
whenever i eat beets (even a small amount), my pee and poop turn pink or red. i have heard this is a sign of low stomach acid.
recently been dealing with some sort of reflux problem too.. and today, i ate about 4 hours ago but my stomach is bloated and i still feel very full. also been feeling food in my throat and a little comes up when i burp. this doesn't happen all the time, but i do get digestion problems from time to time.
i also have symptoms of hypothyroidism which i have read can be connected, but i haven't done any thyroid tests yet.
anyway, going to buy some betaine HCL and try it tomorrow..
also, found this:
http://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/artic ... CauseofBad
and:
http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1816267
billie, if you google, you will see that it's suggested to take betaine HCL a bit at a time till you do feel some warmth in your stomach. that's the point at which you can cut back on some. i read of a test in which you eat a lot of protein and take betaine HCL. if you feel nothing, it means you have low stomach acid. i don't have the details handy but you can find it if you google..
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.