THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Antibiotics for bacteria

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Arisant
Total Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2024 6:12 am

Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by Arisant »

I’ll keep my post short

I’ve suffered from bb since age 12. I’ve seen countless of ENT doctors and tried everything without success (netty pot, mouthwashes, grapeseed extract etc). I’ve had a septoplasty and my tonsils removed.

I always have bad breath but the smell is way worse when the back of my nose gets dry. When this happens NOTHING makes it better. I also suffer from silent reflux which makes everything worse. I have a small hiatal hernia, doctor doesn't want to operate.

Honestly I still wear a facemask because I’m too embarrassed to take it off. Sometimes I had to change my facemask in the middle of my shift because my mask smelled really bad.

Last week I saw a different ENT doctor. I had a CT scan done and a nasal endoscopy. She noticed that my adenoid area was dry. She believed that maybe my bad breath was caused by bacteria in that area and prescribed antibiotics and budesonide.

She also saw all the thick mucus reflux on the back of my throat, itwas irritating my throat and recommended natural products that would help with my reflux. She said my reflux contributed to my bb.

Ever since I started taking the antibiotics my facemask doesn’t stick anymore. I even wore the same facemask for a day and a half just to make sure and no smell at all. I still can’t bring myself to talk to others without my mask. I’ve been suffering for 20 years and I think I’m traumatized.

Anyway, I still taking my antibiotics but I’m afraid the smell might come back after I stop.

Does anybody have a similar experience?

God bless you
Omiomi20
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2025 3:22 am

Re: Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by Omiomi20 »

Hi!

I have the same experience as you since I was 11.

I never knew it was from silent reflux but I was going to 20-30 ENTs to find out whats the problem. I never told them my concern of BB as I was ashamed and

Only until I was 21, that finally an ENT finally finds out my adenoids was enlarged.
Please request for the removal of adenoid, it will solve 80% of the BB problem. Antibotics will only solve for a short while as your andenoids has probably been permanently enlarged due to silent reflux. Also its likely that your tonsils are also enlarged due to the silent reflux, so please please remove the tonsils + adenoids.

Im currently at 30, still trying to solve the rest of the 20% bb from solent reflux / gut problem.
Anw without that adenoids and tonsils removal, I think I would have really committed s… due to the horrible Bb and depression..
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by Jimi Stein »

thank you for your replay. So how are people treating you so bad in Asia...I will not reveal your country. I thought Asians are more forgiving regarding bad breath.
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
ryan
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:17 am
Gender:

Re: Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by ryan »

I also have the same case, during my nasal endoscopy, the Dr. found I have adenoiditis (enlargement of adenoids). During the endoscopy, he showed it to me in the monitor and I saw there's white pus on that area. He just prescribed me an antibiotics but it didn't work. I asked him if it's possible to have an adenoidectomy, he said yes but it's hard for me to find one because I need to go to bigger city where the apparatus is available. Only tonsillectomy is available in my area. (Type of bb; mouth and nasal fecal bb.)
ryan
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:17 am
Gender:

Re: Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by ryan »

@Omiomi20
What do you mean of 80% solve? Is it manageable, do you still have nasal room filling bb. How I wish we could eliminate at least this nasal room filling bb, I could accept bb from the mouth but this nasal shit, it's affecting me horribly.
Omiomi20
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2025 3:22 am

Re: Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by Omiomi20 »

ryan wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2025 9:56 am @Omiomi20
What do you mean of 80% solve? Is it manageable, do you still have nasal room filling bb. How I wish we could eliminate at least this nasal room filling bb, I could accept bb from the mouth but this nasal shit, it's affecting me horribly.
No im sure after my adenoids and tonsils removal, all of this nasal bb is gone. Before that, the adenoids and tonsils were constantly ‘storing’ this reflux contents and produce a bad smell with constant infections. (I had stuffy nose, post nasal drips, and headache, fever from infections twice a month for 10+ years). Before this removal,people sitting next to me in public transport would move away. A kid in the elevator even said the elevator smells, when he was standing next to me... None of this is happening now after the surgery.

The reason why im saying 80% better is that, there must be a reason why the adenoids and tonsils of ours are enlarged. Its because of reflux. Silent or not silent. So far i have not solved the main problem of reflux so im pretty sure there must be some smell from this. But I can feel my mouth feels much cleaner, hence 80% better. And also no problem of nasal anymore.

Lastly, I have no one whom I can ask about my breath. So i dont really know what fresh breath mouths feel like. Im constantly in anxiety still…hence only 80%
Omiomi20
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2025 3:22 am

Re: Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by Omiomi20 »

ryan wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2025 8:53 am I also have the same case, during my nasal endoscopy, the Dr. found I have adenoiditis (enlargement of adenoids). During the endoscopy, he showed it to me in the monitor and I saw there's white pus on that area. He just prescribed me an antibiotics but it didn't work. I asked him if it's possible to have an adenoidectomy, he said yes but it's hard for me to find one because I need to go to bigger city where the apparatus is available. Only tonsillectomy is available in my area. (Type of bb; mouth and nasal fecal bb.)
Hi, at all cost, pls get both removed. You will see the effect right away.
And similar to my case I believe it stems from silent acid reflux. Because with years of researching, I dont see any other reason why we could have enlarged adenoids/ tonsils unless there was a constant irritation of the area. Please try some antacids / tums tablets to manage your symptoms meanwhile.
Also, pls take twice a year intestinal parasites removal medication. it may be contribute to your reflux…
Omiomi20
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2025 3:22 am

Re: Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by Omiomi20 »

Jimi Stein wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2025 5:48 am thank you for your replay. So how are people treating you so bad in Asia...I will not reveal your country. I thought Asians are more forgiving regarding bad breath.
As long as anyone have Bb, we are treated badly everywhere… i have lived in europe and asia, its the same thing.

I always wish I had cancer instead of this so people wouldnt hate me so much…
Omiomi20
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2025 3:22 am

Re: Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by Omiomi20 »

Also enlarged adenoids are really easily to be missed.. i have been to countless of drs, and all concluded allergies, only 1 dr finally found out the adenoids. This is really puzzling, as its not normal for adults to have adenoids, so till this day i dont understand why so many drs could have missed that.

Similarly for tonsils , i think they are easily dismissing it as infection and prescribing antibiotics. But even after I came back to the dr in the same month for a second check up, they still didnt know its not normal infections…?
Longtime
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:18 pm

Re: Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by Longtime »

I had my tonsils and adenoids removed in 2017. Adenoids have grown back per the last ENT I saw. BB never went away. I have been told silent reflux as well. I think it is allergy related. Allergies can cause adenoids to hypertrophy.
Omiomi20
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2025 3:22 am

Re: Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by Omiomi20 »

Longtime wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2025 8:55 pm I had my tonsils and adenoids removed in 2017. Adenoids have grown back per the last ENT I saw. BB never went away. I have been told silent reflux as well. I think it is allergy related. Allergies can cause adenoids to hypertrophy.

Again these adenoids are appearing with silent reflux. Have you solved your silent reflux issue? If not then thats why still the Bb + regrow of adenoids?
I still have 20% Bb with silent reflux.having my adenoids checked again soon, had my surgery in 2016 or 2017 as well.

Im still leaning towards silent reflux tbh. Not to say allergies cant cause hypertrophy of adenoids but i think the chances are much slimmer than reflux
ryan
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:17 am
Gender:

Re: Antibiotics for bacteria

Post by ryan »

Maybe you are right. My g.i. doc found that I have a gastritis after endoscopy. So gastritis/gerd/ silent reflux are all related to ACID. When there's a reflux of acid it triggers inflammation of adenoids. And if you have issue with your adenoids, it triggers post nasal drip which causes thick mucus. Yeah, it's multi factorial that's why it's hard to pinpoint the root cause.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗