Page 1 of 1
When I'm OLD will this matter anymore?
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:20 pm
by issy154
Can you imagine yourselves keeping up this tiring mouth cleaning regime till your freaking 80's (assuming all of us get to that point without killing ourselves from insanity)?
It's a pain in the ASS!
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:17 pm
by noptical
You just missed some things:
1. Human may not exist then, noone knows if you will ever reach 80 (unless you're 79).
2. If we still exist there will be cures for many diseases like cancer and hiv and of course there will for bb (which is not a disease but a symptom of different conditions or combinations)
Re: When I'm OLD will this matter anymore?
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:54 am
by TIREDOFIT
issy154 wrote:Can you imagine yourselves keeping up this tiring mouth cleaning regime till your freaking 80's (assuming all of us get to that point without killing ourselves from insanity)?
It's a pain in the ASS!
I often think about this too, and I think about my grandchildren who will lable me as the grandma with bad breath and dread being near me. That would suck! I'm hoping I will be cured on Friday though when I have my tonsils taken out. I'll let you know!
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:50 am
by elliott
many older people end up getting BB from other reasons. but it's a different smell. It's an old... chemical kind of smell, hard to explain.
I smell it from the older men in the gym while they lift and breath.
So, I guess later, we'll all get some sort of mixture of odors. It'll only get worse my friends!

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:51 pm
by noptical
Damn, who cares if we will have bad breath when we're OLD, it's NOW that we need cure damnit
Until then they will have a cure for almost everything we know today and you think they won't be able to find the culprit of someone's bb problem? Come on... We're not in the middle ages.
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:15 pm
by austuser
i think when im 80 i will have many other things to worry about than my breath
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:31 am
by thanatos
Don't want to live till 80 anyway. If there is no cure for me by 50, I personally feel my life is over. If I'm 60 and then there is a cure, it'll be useless. I would not be happy but very bitter that a cure was found at the end of my life.
Right now I'm basically living in hope for a cure. That a cure will be found and I can still start a family. Once that time passes me by, a cure wont mean much.
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:51 am
by jc
thanatos wrote:Don't want to live till 80 anyway. If there is no cure for me by 50, I personally feel my life is over. If I'm 60 and then there is a cure, it'll be useless. I would not be happy but very bitter that a cure was found at the end of my life.
Right now I'm basically living in hope for a cure. That a cure will be found and I can still start a family. Once that time passes me by, a cure wont mean much.
same here

When I 'm OLD will this matter anymore?
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:41 am
by faith59
Well I'm 48years old and have been dealing with this for 10 years , I can only tell you how I feel I don't think anybody wants to be alone at any age . Even though you get older your still the same person you were in your 20's , 30's and 40's . You just don't always look the same But I agree this is no life .
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:25 am
by elliott
do you guys think we will live to see a cure for this? Honestly, not hopefully or sensationally.
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:32 pm
by Belle
a cure?? it should be easy but reading all the posts on this site i think it wont be. this finklestein guy seems to be the only hope!! of all the people on this site i dont think anybody has actually got rid of the BB. Sometimes i wonder if i should just go back to plain old brushing, i mean is all the mouth maintenance actually making any difference?? who knows?? im wondering if i should even bother getting my tonsils out too.
](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:13 pm
by hopeful
Have you seen a doctor about your bb Belle? Have you exhausted all avenues of where your odor is coming from?
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:34 am
by jc
elliott wrote:do you guys think we will live to see a cure for this? Honestly, not hopefully or sensationally.
I believe that there is a cure out there. I`ve tried so many f_cking things that didn`t work so I just want to give up sometimes but there are still many options left that I haven`t tried yet. This is also not the first time that I encountered a condition which doctors diagnosed as incurable but turned out to be just a plain vitamin defficiency. I intend to keep on trying out different stuff out there until I run out of options. I`ve already been a guinea pig for the past 13 years & I see no reason why I should stop.
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:41 am
by Belle
hopeful wrote:Have you seen a doctor about your bb Belle? Have you exhausted all avenues of where your odor is coming from?
Yes i feel i have (read my story), currently seeing another ENT, paying privately this time so im due to go back and see him soon. Im convinced its coming from my tonsils, i cant see any of the stones you guys all talk about but ive suffered from tonsilitis my whole life so there has to be a link!! Although my ex used to get tonsilitis too and he never had BB!!
Im getting kinda depressed though, reading about everybody else, doesnt give me much hope of a cure, especially as lots of you have had your tonsils removed already.
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:08 pm
by emotional rescue
Belle
I think our best chance now is Finkelstein,
so if you have the opportunity to go, it´s a very very good option.
He can cheq your palatine tonsils, adenoids, maybe lingual tonsils, sinuses....
your Ent seems nice but don´t seems to know much about halithosis,
don´t take out your tonsils until you know if you have tonsil stones or crypt on them....