Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tongue and Tonsils Gives off two different smells

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Bluerain

Tongue and Tonsils Gives off two different smells

Post by Bluerain »

I think I may have figured out that we multiple types of bb coming from different locations.
On a daily basis I go through an intensive oral cleaning routine starting from the teeth, tongue, tonsils and sinuses. If I don't keep my mouth wet with water and Ester-C I still get the fecal barnyard breath. I'm pretty sure it's coming from my tongue. I have a rough tongue that looks like a carpet. One night I spat out all the saliva/mucus and used a Qtip and rubbed in at the back of the tongue, applied the liquid to the back of my hand and it smelled really crappy! Although my tonsils didn't smell when I did the same thing to it. But in the morning, I found the fecal smell on my tongue and a different offensive smell on my tonsils...it was sort of a high-pitched rotten meat smell not like the low-pitched fecal horse crap from my tongue. (this sounds funny but I don't know how else to describe it)

So the vit C might be working to keep the tongue moist and saliva flowing to prevent the smells from sticking around too long and being exhaled. And the tongue is probably the biggest source of bb for people without tonsils and no nasal infections.
Has anyone else notice two different smells?

sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

that's crazy i don't smell anything on when i test with a q-tip lately. but i surely did when i had a sinus infection. it smelled like i swallowed a tampon. nasty, just nasty. needless to say i didn't leave the house much that week. i feel like my bb comes from my throat. i went to the doctor and she didn't react to my breath even after looking in my mouth till i said "ahh."
Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

i cant smell anything from a q tip either nor from my tongue. i remember when i went to the stupid twat Dr Stemner in the so called "fresh breath clinic" - he looked in my mouth, put some floss between my teeth and said "smell this" so i did and it didnt smell of anything. then he scraped my tongue and he said "smell this" so i did again and it didnt smell again. He was obviously used to seeing patiients who didnt look after their mouths. the smell has to come from somewhere i cant touch.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

try this: salt water, swish it around the mouth and see if you get an immediate rotten chemical taste for a few seconds. It tastes like what I think it smells like. You will sense it at the very back of the tongue, whether you can smell it or not.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

i feel like this is getting ridiculous....
Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

LOL, yeah it does all seem ridiculous, im sure if somebody who doesnt suffer from BB read these threads they would find it all very amusing. but we gotta try all these things, ive been trying everything for bloody ages so im game for anything. I dont know if im becoming more obsessed now. i think jimi should arrange a big BB conference and we can all get together and compare!! haha!
Bluerain

Post by Bluerain »

If you tried rubbing your tongue with a Qtip and it doesn't smell maybe you don't have bb.

You have to get the liquid from your tongue and then spread on your skin so that the heat from your skin evaporates the volatile smells. Left on the Qtip, without applying to your skin it probably won't smell...So try that...if again you don't smell anything you might not have taken a good sample from your tongue or you have clean tongue breath...

I'm just trying to figure where my bb is coming from so that I can target a specific region to reduce bb. Sure it's crazy but I just have to keep trying to figure this stupid thing out...
Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

ok so i rubbed a q tip on my tongue and then put it on my wrist, it doesnt smell at all. i did the same thing with my tonsils (nearly puked up in the process) it has a faint smell, nothing bad too and definately not the shitty smell. im standing in my shop here, sniffing my wrists, anybody passing with think im a freak!!! :lol:
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

So what about the classic "lick wrist test" -- does your wrist have an "aroma" after that..?

Else you are one rare BB sufferer 8)
Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

the lick test doesnt smell either, well there is an aroma, but its not a bad smell and it fades pretty quick. what does your wrist smell like when you do it? a good few people on this site say that doesnt work for them either. So next thing you will be saying "its all in my head" haha! or maybe i have a bad sense of smell (dont think so).
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

When I lick my tongue, it ALWAYS smells sour/a little like vinegar. NOT GOOD!
Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

hopeful, is it a strong smell? and does it stay there?
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Belle wrote:So next thing you will be saying "its all in my head" haha!
I think the bb may be all in your head 8)
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

i don't smell anything! i'm cured! lol.
Leena
Junior

Post by Leena »

I`m not sure if that`s the right topic but anyway I want to share my experience.
I`ve been having an infection for the past 4-5 days (the nose, throat, etc.) so I went to the ENT. I`ve never been to an ENT before for the BB, just for some general colds, so I`ve never asked about tonsil stones or anything.

I`ve never had any specific tonsil infections or problems. When some regular checks have been done all the doctors said my tonsils are alright. When I tried doing a self check with a flashlight for tonsil stones or any strange/smelly things over there, I couldn`t find anything. Even touching them with a finger doesn`t produce any smell.

However, this time I decided to ask about the current cold (or whatever it is) and the BB. The doctor examined my tonsils really carefully and pushed them harder and there was this disgusting smell and feeling. :shock: She said one of the tonsils is full of small stones.

It took me like 2-3 minutes to convince her they need to be taken out. She totally agreed. She told it`s very common to have persistent BB when you have problems with tonsils. So now I`m waiting for some cold weather because it`s very hot here and she said these kind of operations are not done in such a hot weather.

She also said that I have some abnormal changes inside mu nose due to some infections caused by allergies. And I never ever thought I had any allergies. However she said they can treated.
:lol:

So it turns out tonsils if not the only reason are a huge factor for BB even for people like me who never had any known tonsil or nose problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic