THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Don't Know If I'm Truly Cured Or Not
Don't Know If I'm Truly Cured Or Not
I have fart/poop breath. People used to ask who farted? from time to time. I tried mouthwashes, different toothpastes, shit like that.
I came to the conclusion that my bb problem was just coming from my gums and tongue. I don't have PND or anything wrong with me, because the doctors never detected anything wrong internally.
So I've been scraping and flossing thoroughly twice a day for a couple weeks and my sister and brother have been testing my breath and they say it doesn't smell like anything but breath.
They usually say it stinks right after brushing.
I find it hard to believe that all I needed to do was floss and scrape, considering I've been suffering from this problem since I was like 13 (maybe even earlier, but I haven't realized it).
I wish I could just line up a hundred random people and test it on all of them just to make sure it's gone. Or just kiss some random guy at my work.....
I came to the conclusion that my bb problem was just coming from my gums and tongue. I don't have PND or anything wrong with me, because the doctors never detected anything wrong internally.
So I've been scraping and flossing thoroughly twice a day for a couple weeks and my sister and brother have been testing my breath and they say it doesn't smell like anything but breath.
They usually say it stinks right after brushing.
I find it hard to believe that all I needed to do was floss and scrape, considering I've been suffering from this problem since I was like 13 (maybe even earlier, but I haven't realized it).
I wish I could just line up a hundred random people and test it on all of them just to make sure it's gone. Or just kiss some random guy at my work.....
Issy, sounds like good news for you. i have the same problem but flossing and scraping didnt help, i remember times after just leaving the house, having just brushed, flossed, scraped, mouthwash and eating an orange, people still saying "who farted". haha, its pretty funny if it wasnt to friggin depressing!.
amazing for you though, brilliant!!
Belle
amazing for you though, brilliant!!
Belle
If it's no longer a problem for the people around you, then it shouldn't be a problem for you any longer. If you're still not convinced then why not do the tests you have in mind, just stand as close to a person as you can, just talk to that person and see if he/she has any reactions or not. If you're afraid that you didn't interpret the feedback the person gave ya correctly, try the same test on other people like you said. If it's really bad enough they will surely make some sort of reaction such as touching their noses which is the classic one.
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
"Touching their nose" is not a classic reaction to bad breath. It could mean anything, people touch their noses 400 times a day out of anxiety or whatever, there are 100s of reasons. Real classics are "ouch, what's that smell?" or actually moving their head out of the way. This obsession with people "touching their nose" should be label "paranoia" and nothing else. Not that I blame you: I'm hugely paranoid about these things too 
-
emotional rescue
- Sheriff
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am
yeah, touching their noses most of the times is not an indication of bad breath,
the problem is we´re always expecting the worst,
we should, and i say it to myself too, be more confident about ourselves
we have sooo much fear of being hurt that we end exagerating the hole deal even when it´s not necesary...... but just in case.
and this certainly is not a help, at least for me
the problem is we´re always expecting the worst,
we should, and i say it to myself too, be more confident about ourselves
we have sooo much fear of being hurt that we end exagerating the hole deal even when it´s not necesary...... but just in case.
and this certainly is not a help, at least for me
since my private messages don't send i'll just write this here:
congrats!!! keep up the good work, and i'm sure everything will only get better. i suggest being extremely consistent with your routine, even when you're tired, to make sure that your breath stays fresh. in the past when i was doing well, i got lazy, and it was harder to get my breath right after that.
i have a question now that you're doing so well. do you smell anything when you lick the back of your wrist and let it dry? i always wondered if people with fresh breath can smell anything when they try the lick test.
congrats!!! keep up the good work, and i'm sure everything will only get better. i suggest being extremely consistent with your routine, even when you're tired, to make sure that your breath stays fresh. in the past when i was doing well, i got lazy, and it was harder to get my breath right after that.
i have a question now that you're doing so well. do you smell anything when you lick the back of your wrist and let it dry? i always wondered if people with fresh breath can smell anything when they try the lick test.
Re: Don't Know If I'm Truly Cured Or Not
Why don`t you just talk with someone inside an elevator then analyze his/her reaction.issy154 wrote:
I wish I could just line up a hundred random people and test it on all of them just to make sure it's gone. Or just kiss some random guy at my work.....
Well actually I think it's the opposite, most of the times it is an indication of your bb and sometimes not. And especially when they do it everytime you open your mouth and say somethin. However they could be doing it because their noses are itchy or any other reason.emotional rescue wrote:yeah, touching their noses most of the times is not an indication of bad breath,
There's no real reason for me to be paranoid about it anymore. I mean I pretty much know I have it 24/7. Even when it's better than usual, it's still bad. So I pretty much expect someone to make some kind of reaction when I say somethin to them and most of the times I do get one. I'd be surprised if the person did not make one. I get the nose touch more often than the "move the head out of the way". Somtimes it's a combination of both that I get: They move their heads out of the way and then grab their noses afterwards.
[sarcasm] I've been writing all this stuff about other people's reactions. Pretty interesting huh?
In my opinion it's shouldn't longer be a problem for you, if it's no longer a problem for the ones you talk to. I mean the reactions they make to your bb and the comments they make about it with their friends or to you. If I never get them again, I'd stop lookin for a cure.
i guess you're right. i just woke up and tried the test and don't smell anything. good or bad sign idk, but my friends that know about my problem have been talking closer to me lately which makes me think my breath is on bad when my hormones are out of whack and make my mouth dry (?) seems to be the only thing i could think of that would give me dry mouth out of no where for a few days. even when i'm hydrated.issy154 wrote:I can't smell anything when I do the lick the back of your hand test. Then again, it's not always accurate.
i'm so happy for you still! this is so great!
do u always project your breath when u talk? i think it's an important skill to learn- not projecting and pacing your speech. it will allow you to talk to people and not get embarrassed. i've gotten by like this and people are usually shocked when i confess my problem.Busted wrote:
There's no real reason for me to be paranoid about it anymore. I mean I pretty much know I have it 24/7. Even when it's better than usual, it's still bad. So I pretty much expect someone to make some kind of reaction when I say somethin to them and most of the times I do get one. I'd be surprised if the person did not make one. I get the nose touch more often than the "move the head out of the way". Somtimes it's a combination of both that I get: They move their heads out of the way and then grab their noses afterwards.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.