THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Antiseptic combination FLUSHES tonsil stones!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Alm0stThere
Total Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 am
Gender:

Antiseptic combination FLUSHES tonsil stones!!

Post by Alm0stThere »

Hi Everyone!

I'm new but I've been lurking in and out of this forum for about a year or two now. I was reluctant to register and join in the discussion because like you I've been desperately trying to find a cure for BB but couldn't find one till now (well at least with the results I'm getting now).
I'm 40 , married with 2 kids , my loving wife is very supportive and I am amazed by how she puts up with me.
Far as I can remember I started getting my tonsil stones when I was put on antibiotics for sore throat back when i was a kid.

First let me share what I've learned from experience.

1. When you have excellent oral hygiene but you still suffer from BB (my dentist remarked how smooth my teeth are , she pointed out that it's due to too much brushing; you floss; etc) it's almost always due to tonsil stones (well at least in my case).

2. Using antibiotics for a week can work but the tonsil stones will always come back(must gargle with the water/antibiotic slush for as long as you can), I ONLY do this when my doctor prescribes antiobiotics for sore throat and instead of just swallowing the caplet/capsule whole I do what I described in this sentence.

3. Popping tonsils stones with any instrument , including your fingers (havent tried waterpik but I was told it also injures the mouth tissues) is NOT recommended as you'll run the risk of developing an infection due to trauma.

4. I tried all available oral antiseptics (here in my country) and none worked except for one but I had to create a mix of my own (more of this later).

5. I seem to get more tonsil stones when I eat starchy bread (crumbly type of bread) ; dairy products (cheese milk etc), and peanuts (boiled , fried etc), this is in my observation for the last 25 years.

Now let me say my disclaimer before anyone tries what I found to be effective for me - using the stuff that I will suggest shortly does not guarantee 100% success; that the long term effects of using such chemicals/antiseptic will not lead to bigger problems in the future.

Procedure:

1. When you're done eating (breakfast;lunch etc) - do your normal brushing , add some flossing if you want.
2. Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and about 1/8 cup of water (sorry did not do precise measurements). Gargle with this solution for about 5 minutes. You may drink a glass of water to remove some of the taste.
3. Mix 1 part (10 volumes) hydrogen peroxide and 2 parts hexetedine (not going to mention what brand i used but I think this stuff goes by one name in my country).
Try to gargle with this solution as long as you can (5 minutes is fine I think, but I do like 10 minutes till the stuff gets overcome by my mucus) , you can do seconds if you want. The hexetidine will NOT work by itself , tried that so it's essential that you mix this up with peroxide! The amount of mix that I usually use is about 1/3 cap full of a big Listerine jug.

In my case, i didn't have to hawk or anything , my tonsil stones came out on their own . Some got dislodged after a big yawn (the natural one, but you can try simulating a yawn, careful though you might dislocate your TMJ).

Well that's it, hope this works for you but let me again mention that I am not aware of the potential side effects of this cocktail . I can probably give you an update from time to time if anything bad develops but I sincerely hope not. Good luck friends!
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗